Sold My Nook Color, Did I do it correctly?

respite

Dec 19, 2011
Here is the story. I sold my nook color on craigslist. It was rooted and I was running the phiremod rom and the buyer wanted to keep it. When I got there the factory reset option under the privacy and security menu didn't work (known issue apparently). So what I did was start clockworkmod, have it boot into recovery then I chose "wipe data/factory reset" followed by "wipe cache partition". When the tablet restarted I saw that the homescreen and apps had been reset. Here is the stupid part, since I was in a hurry I didn't check to see if my google account was actually completely removed.

The tablet was linked to my primary gmail account with all my contacts and email. It also had the amazon app store linked to a credit card so I can get the free app of the day. I've obviously changed my amazon and gmail passwords. My question is did I wipe my information properly? Now that I think about it I probably should have reflashed the mod completely, but is what I did enough to unlink my accounts and wipe my information?

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
Just to be safe I would change your passwords for these accounts. You can never be too careful these days. I sold my old laptop a few weeks ago without the hard drive. Even with reformatting I wasn't willing to risk some hotshot recvering my private info.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Here is the story. I sold my nook color on craigslist. It was rooted and I was running the phiremod rom and the buyer wanted to keep it. When I got there the factory reset option under the privacy and security menu didn't work (known issue apparently). So what I did was start clockworkmod, have it boot into recovery then I chose "wipe data/factory reset" followed by "wipe cache partition". When the tablet restarted I saw that the homescreen and apps had been reset. Here is the stupid part, since I was in a hurry I didn't check to see if my google account was actually completely removed.

The tablet was linked to my primary gmail account with all my contacts and email. It also had the amazon app store linked to a credit card so I can get the free app of the day. I've obviously changed my amazon and gmail passwords. My question is did I wipe my information properly? Now that I think about it I probably should have reflashed the mod completely, but is what I did enough to unlink my accounts and wipe my information?

Doing the cwm data wipe should be ok but weebees advice is a good precaution

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
When my nook got stolen,the thief was buying apps like crazy and I stopped him right away changing the pass on my c/c....great idea to change all passwords!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Tablet Forum