[Solved] ADB not finding device MID7042

josh32393

Dec 26, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and im having some ADB and/or driver issues

Info:
Kyros mid7042 (stock)
-Debugging checked
Windows 7 64bit
Driver from Basic Driver Installation for Windows PCs sticky or PDAnet or Superoneclick
ADB updated
Using included USB cable
will gladly give any other info.

Before receiving my MID7042, i had already planned on rooting and installing CM9 and did a good bit of planning(downloading) and research to do so.
Now i have it and I have installed the drivers (i think) using PDAnet on my PC-windows 7 64bit.
i was planning on continuing to the rooting process but ADB cannot find my device. After typing "adb devices" in cmd i get nothing.

ive done a great deal of searching and tried reinstalling drivers and using different methods to obtain them (PDAnet, superoneclick, changing .INF file) but to no avail.
I have also factory reset the tablet and tried everything again.

Trying to troubleshoot myself before begging for help, i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver many times using USBdeview and through device manager.
With driver uninstalled when i plug it in it says "android" in device manager with little yellow exclamation. After installing the drivers using PDAnet the device changes to "Samsung Android Phone" which branches to "Android Composite ADB Interface". Why is it a Samsung driver!?

Am I doing something wrong or missing an ADB step? I'm thinking it must be a PC or ADB issue. Ive read every sticky post and went to just about all the links. Its very frustrating to be having so much trouble with such a simple thing. I have a droid x that i rooted and flashed several different ROMs to (ADB works perfectly) and ive done the same thing to my girlfriends Epic 4g touch so this isnt a foreign subject to me.

Anyway, I would really appreciate any help or information. Thanks
-Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

josh32393

Dec 26, 2012
Finally figured out something that worked for me.

After looking at this thread, i decided to install "MOT COMPOSITE ADB INTERFACE" rather than the other available drivers.

First install MOTOROLA DEVICE DRIVERS here -Thanks RedDeer

Make sure other (non-working) Android device drivers associated with your tablet are uninstalled/deleted through device manager.

After moto device driver is installed, open device manager> right click android (with little yellow exclamation)> update driver software> browse my computer> let me pick...> (here's where i strayed from other instructions)
instead of clicking "show all devices", choose the option that says "ADB Interface"
then choose "Mot Composite ADB Interface" and hit next and allow install
I don't know why this method worked for me or if it will help anyone else, but hopefully it will.

Last edited: