[SOLVED] How to Remove "Demo" from the Zeepad Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilikedietcoke

Aug 24, 2014
The first day we used the Zeepad 7DRK there were no problems. Turning it on his morning, the word "Demo" in bold red letters is displayed on the screen. I have reset to factory settings but it is not working. Any advise would be much appreciated.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

A factory reset would normally be a way to get it out of demo mode. Not sure why it didn't work. This page may help you with flashing a new ROM, which should also work.
http://zeepad.net/7.0.html

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Considering thew source of the file I would consider that as a false positive. It's because of what the software is supposed to do so I can understand the advice I just think it's wrong in this case.

Pctech

Aug 31, 2014
Not to dig up this thread, but I have a Zeepad, 7" That has the red demo on the screen, the site listed below disconnects me before i can download the 603MB Image file, there's not contact information from the vendor. I have googled everything.. I cannot seems to get this one to work. I have tried factor resetting the device from within the main menu and also from the Android menu as well. Anyone have a P2P site I could maybe get this ROM from ? Or someone update this with a reply if they have had any luck with these things? I have another one just like it, and it's giving no issues.

Thank You

Pctech

Aug 31, 2014
****** UPDATE ***********

Tech Support <[email protected]>

This is the email address I happen to find in the WONDERFUL :mad: manual that was supplied. I will update if I have any success

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
This is a stab in the dark. Go into Settings, on the left under Device, tap Apps, check to see if there is a Demo app listed, if yes, tap and uninstall.

Pctech

Aug 31, 2014
*swing and a miss * I've tried everything mentioned on , google,yahoo,excite,msn, and ..... ask.
Nothing is working. I did receive a reply from the email that I mentioned above!! So please pass that information along for people that are in need of some help with this . I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

Thank you all again for you time with this matter.

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
I will definitely stay tuned and keep my fingers crossed that you get a satisfactory resolution soon. Good Luck!

Pctech

Aug 31, 2014
They have agreed to replace the units for me. Seemly fast response and turn around, once the new units come in, i will post and give a update.

Thank you all again!

Pctech

Aug 31, 2014
Hello everyone!

They have emailed me back, and i have the file and instructions that are needed to remove the demo off the ZeePad 7DRK I will upload the file and instructions for this process in this thread. Please sticky or whatever to help others with this process. ( NOTE DO NOT FACTORY WIPE THE DEVICE OR YOU WILL SEE THE DEMO ACROSS THE SCREEN AGAIN )

The file is zipped and virus scanned with Avast, and AVG.

************* EMAIL *******************

Hello there
Please try the below instructions to your tablet.

Open your email on the tablet itself, then you need to click on the attachment and download the file. Once the download is complete, Install the software to your tablet. Then you need to TURN OFF your tablet and RESTART it again.
This process correct the issue on the tablet

Note: To install this package please use the APK Installer App that is loaded on the device

My Version

Step 1. Download the Zip file and save it to a folder on your desktop. If you cannot save it to your desktop, look in your downloads folder Ex. C:\Users\Downloads or winxp C:\Documents and Settings\ < Your User Name >\ Downloads

Step 2. Extract the zip file with ( http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm ) Choose your language

Step 3. Load this on a SD Card that can be inserted on the back of the tablet.. ( This was the best way for me , as i could not figure out how to detatch my email account from the tablets )
A. You can open the email from the tablet and download / install from there... but getting my email account away from the tablet was almost impossible

Step 4. Once you have it on your tablet, Use the APK Installer in the application menu of the device.

Step 5. Once you open the APK Installer, click on Install, choose the TF Card , At the bottom you should see " SystemPack.APK"

Step 6. Once Agree to the terms and click on install.

Step 7. Power off the tablet, Wait about 20 Seconds, then power the tablet back on.

Step 8. No more DEMO!!

Again their tech support email is
Tech Support <[email protected]>

Hope this helps everyone with this random issue.

Good luck to you all!!

Thank You to all above this post who took time to help me out!! :D

Pctech

Attachments

• SystemPack.zip
    1 MB · Views: 29,401
Status
Not open for further replies.