[Solved] I can't purchase apps through the play store

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Hi I have a rooted nook color running cm7 and I cant purchase paid apps through the play store. I always get an error and then it kicks me out. I can purchase paid apps through the online website and have them install on my nook but i cant purchase them through my nook. Am i the only one with this issue? or is this common and I just dont know how to fix it?

For the solution skip over to post #12 and #15

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That doesn't sound right. Try clearing the market cache in settings>apps.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didnt work. I have created a thread over at cyanogenmod forum hoping they have a solution for my issue but it seems like this is not a common issue.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Just a thought but do you have an expired credit card associated to that account?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
No, I only have one credit card associated but thats good to know that could cause an issue

fglund

Apr 10, 2012
Solved it?

I have the same problem, can't purchase apps from the Google Play app. Google Play version is 3.5.16.
I can download free apps, download apps I have already purchased and purchase new apps from Google Play on Web.
My credit card expired march 2012, but I have updated it in Google Wallet. Maybe I should give it a few days? Any solutions?

J

jimbo7630

Solved it?

I have the same problem, can't purchase apps from the Google Play app. Google Play version is 3.5.16.
I can download free apps, download apps I have already purchased and purchase new apps from Google Play on Web.
My credit card expired march 2012, but I have updated it in Google Wallet. Maybe I should give it a few days? Any solutions?

Did you get a new Number as well as new Start and Expire dates?

fglund

Apr 10, 2012
No, I have the same number.

I updated the old card with new expire date and CVC, but no luck. Then i deleted the credit card, and added the new card again, but still no luck.

J

jimbo7630

Maybe your thought about waiting a couple of days was right!

jbaum

Apr 1, 2012
When you rooted your NC, did you clear all data as well as the Cache? Once I reinstalled, resetting all data, my Play Store works just fine. Just a thought.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I am still looking for a solution I have even tried editing the build prop but no go

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
When you rooted your NC, did you clear all data as well as the Cache? Once I reinstalled, resetting all data, my Play Store works just fine. Just a thought.

I unistalled Google Play 3.5.16 with Titanium Backup and installed version 3.5.15. It works fine now. (Google Play later updated to version 3.5.16. Still works)

It sure sounds like your app is hanging on to some bad data. If clearing the cache/data doesn't work it sounds like uninstalling reinstalling might be the solution. Also if clearing data/cache didn't work within the OS you might want to boot into Recovery and clear in Clockwork Mod Recovery. Be sure to make backups of anything you want to keep data for of course :)