[SOLVED] "Not in Range" error for all wifi networks

mikedunn

Aug 6, 2012
Hi Folks

Im hoping someone can offer me some advice as Im now running out of ideas.

I purchased a 7" android tablet from DealExtreme.com and it works perfectly except for connecting to wifi networks (with the exception of getting it to work, somehow, twice (more later)).
The tablet is 7" Capacitive Android 4.0 Tablet w/ WiFi / Camera / G-Sensor / External 3G - Red + White (8GB) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme - great price but zero support or information that I can find about it on the web :(
From what I can determine its a DFP7006-A10 MID tablet computer with Build number DFP7006_0.2.2-r167_20120615
When I turn it on, it will see the wifi networks and then attempt to connect to them but gives an error "not in range" and then refuses to connect to them again (even when it is 6ft away from the router).
If I choose to "Forget (delete)" the link and then choose Scan it will not find any wifi networks. I then have to power-cycle the tablet to get it to find the wifi network again.
I have tried 3 different home wifi networks but have the same result, hence Im thinking its something up with the tablet.

Having said that I have gotten it to connect twice (by some sort of fluke that I cant replicate, although I think it reconnected to my home network AFTER I tried to connect it to another home network - yes, very strange!) - it just connected and I was able to download a stack of games. But then I turned it off, turned it on and it came up with the same error "not in range" grrr!

I have tried changing the configuration of my router and the tablet to a whole lot of suggestions I found on the web, including
Changed Language from English US to English Australia = didnt work
Changed Channel on router from 11 to auto = didn’t work
Changed Channel to 1 = didn’t work
Changed to channel 2 = didnt work
Tried changing 3g mobile networks off – didn’t work
Tried changing 54g mode to 802.11g only And changed 54g protection to off – didn’t work
Changed sleep mode to = never – didn’t work
Change security on router to WEP – didn’t work
Change security to none on router - didnt work
Ran Backup and reset - didnt work

The only thing I havent tried is doing a hard-reset on it (which I dont know how to do as the instructions that came with it are very brief)

Ive spent about 7 hrs straight trying to resolve this problem but havent made any clear headway.

Can someone please offer any suggestions!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers
Mike
Adelaide, South Australia

Last edited by a moderator:

mikedunn

Aug 6, 2012
*bump*

Now it can see the wifi networks, and can instantly note changes to my home router configurations (when I change it between WEP, WAP, 802.1, etc), and even through I retype the password and even add the network manually it still wont connect.
When I press the Connect option it does absolutely nothing.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated please!
Cheers
Mike

mikedunn

Aug 6, 2012
RESOLVED!
Having confirmed the tablet could connect to public wireless networks, I set about going through the configuraiton of my wifi router setup at home.
After more Google searching I saw an article that mentioned making sure the MAC address filtering is off / disabled
I checked mine, and I must have set the MAC address, then removed it, however the check box was still on "Allow" (which was blocking connection - even though there were no MAC addresses listed). As soon as I changed it to "Disable" it worked.
Hope this can be of use to someone in the future as this forum is a great resource.
Cheers
Mike

Pfiltz

Aug 10, 2012
thanks for posting this.

I'm having problems with my new 10" super pad tablet, and my wifi at home as well.

I may contact my telco provider to walk me through the modem settings. i don't have a router in house.

ak_agni

Jan 10, 2016
Hi Folks

Im hoping someone can offer me some advice as Im now running out of ideas.

I purchased a 7" android tablet from DealExtreme.com and it works perfectly except for connecting to wifi networks (with the exception of getting it to work, somehow, twice (more later)).
The tablet is 7" Capacitive Android 4.0 Tablet w/ WiFi / Camera / G-Sensor / External 3G - Red + White (8GB) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme - great price but zero support or information that I can find about it on the web :(
From what I can determine its a DFP7006-A10 MID tablet computer with Build number DFP7006_0.2.2-r167_20120615
When I turn it on, it will see the wifi networks and then attempt to connect to them but gives an error "not in range" and then refuses to connect to them again (even when it is 6ft away from the router).
If I choose to "Forget (delete)" the link and then choose Scan it will not find any wifi networks. I then have to power-cycle the tablet to get it to find the wifi network again.
I have tried 3 different home wifi networks but have the same result, hence Im thinking its something up with the tablet.

Having said that I have gotten it to connect twice (by some sort of fluke that I cant replicate, although I think it reconnected to my home network AFTER I tried to connect it to another home network - yes, very strange!) - it just connected and I was able to download a stack of games. But then I turned it off, turned it on and it came up with the same error "not in range" grrr!

I have tried changing the configuration of my router and the tablet to a whole lot of suggestions I found on the web, including
Changed Language from English US to English Australia = didnt work
Changed Channel on router from 11 to auto = didn’t work
Changed Channel to 1 = didn’t work
Changed to channel 2 = didnt work
Tried changing 3g mobile networks off – didn’t work
Tried changing 54g mode to 802.11g only And changed 54g protection to off – didn’t work
Changed sleep mode to = never – didn’t work
Change security on router to WEP – didn’t work
Change security to none on router - didnt work
Ran Backup and reset - didnt work

The only thing I havent tried is doing a hard-reset on it (which I dont know how to do as the instructions that came with it are very brief)

Ive spent about 7 hrs straight trying to resolve this problem but havent made any clear headway.

Can someone please offer any suggestions!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers
Mike
Adelaide, South Australia

Hello dear Mike
Solution to your query is very simple.
Just login to your router and deactivate mac address filtering

It will not show the error again and your wifi will be connected.

HAVE A NICE DAY.