[SOLVED] Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet

Golpdx

Jun 7, 2015
Hey all, I ordered one of these tabs from Ebay since I didn't want to wait for a US release. The tablet I will receive (from Taiwan) does not include Microsoft Office, which I need. The upcoming tabs released in the US will include the software. My question is will I have to pay for a license to get office on my tab? Or is there another way to get it?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If it is from Taiwan there may be a problem if it comes with a non US ROM. Otherwise Office for Android has free versions available.

They may not be available for ALL tablets or all countries.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If your tablet doesn't come with Microsoft Office, check out WPS Office. It's fully compatible, and free. http://wps.com/

Golpdx

Jun 7, 2015
If it is from Taiwan there may be a problem if it comes with a non US ROM. Otherwise Office for Android has free versions available.

They may not be available for ALL tablets or all countries.

So basically what you're saying is the systems aren't compatible and Im out of luck :(. That the software is configured to the ROMs of tablets of certain countries by which Microsoft Office Tablet Apps are licensed to.

Will I potentially come accross these sorts of issues when downloading apps? Also isn't it possible to root my tablet and modify the ROM?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I don't have solid answers for your concerns but I can tell you for certain that some apps are not available in some countries. Some people have managed to get around that by using a US based VPN service.

Golpdx

Jun 7, 2015
I don't have solid answers for your concerns but I can tell you for certain that some apps are not available in some countries. Some people have managed to get around that by using a US based VPN service.

Appreciate the help. I think I read somewhere that VPNs require LTE connectivity, which sucks since my tablet is the wifi only version. Guess I'll just have to wait for the tablet to arrive and hope for the best. I think I may end up rooting my tab and installing a custom ROM if that would solve my potential issues.

If anyone else wants to chime in, your help is greatly appreciated.

Golpdx

Jun 7, 2015
Good news! I will report back with my findings after some testing to hopefully help others in my predicament.

Alright good news k. Received my tab and despite the fact that it came from Taiwan, it came preinstalled with Microsoft office. I have downloaded a few apps and played a few games and there are 0 compatibility issues and as far as I can tell there are 0 differences among xperia z4 tabs regardless of which country it's purchased from. The only downside to ordering abroad is that the 1 year warranty is only covered in the country of origin so if you have problems you gotta ship it back overseas. Have a good night.

PS this tablet is fuckin amazing. Imo shits all over the ipad air 2.