Some Noob questions about Android OS and Device

cool.dx.rip

Jul 4, 2013
Guys,I have never used android OS.so i have zero idea about that OS.Very Soon i m going to shift Android OS.But before i go i have some questions about that OS.Ur ans will help me to determine weather i shift or not.Heres My ques
Android=AND(Mind it:eek:)

1)Is there any difference between in Tablet And smartphone Software?
2)What does it mean to have latest AND OS in device?
3)For example And 2.3 ver(this type of old OS) can run latest AND soft?
4)Does And OS can read over 60 MB PDF files?If yes than from which OS Ver?
5)IS it possible to update any tablet to latest VER?Because i have seen in many latest they dont come up with latest AND OS.Even some of them come with 2.3 old OS .WHy this happen?
6)In many tablet,device features they claim that it have google play store.What is the advantage of it?Does not every And device have this feature?If device have this feature what problem user will face?
7)What is the difference between stock firmware and ANDROID OS?

About ME:I have only used Nokia 5320 XM.Which OS is S60v3.
Have LOW-medium knowledge in Computer:cool:

Excuse my english

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
Guys,I have never used android OS.so i have zero idea about that OS.Very Soon i m going to shift Android OS.But before i go i have some questions about that OS.Ur ans will help me to determine weather i shift or not.Heres My ques
Android=AND(Mind it:eek:)

1)Is there any difference between in Tablet And smartphone Software?
2)What does it mean to have latest AND OS in device?
3)For example And 2.3 ver(this type of old OS) can run latest AND soft?
4)Does And OS can read over 60 MB PDF files?If yes than from which OS Ver?
5)IS it possible to update any tablet to latest VER?Because i have seen in many latest they dont come up with latest AND OS.Even some of them come with 2.3 old OS .WHy this happen?
6)In many tablet,device features they claim that it have google play store.What is the advantage of it?Does not every And device have this feature?If device have this feature what problem user will face?
7)What is the difference between stock firmware and ANDROID OS?
1.) If you are referring to the Android OS, then in general, there is no difference. The devices may come from the vendor loaded with different apps and configured with more or less restrictions though.
2 and 3.) Many apps will run on most versions of Android, but some will only run properly on older or newer versions, and the developer will typically specify which. For example, only some apps will be available on Play Store for certain devices. Depending on how the apps are built, you may be able to side load and run apps on other devices regardless, but the apps may not behave on certain devices and/or with certain Android versions. Some apps are designed to use features that are only available in newer versions. Some apps perform functions that were only useful or valid on older versions.
4.) Current versions of the Android OS use EXT4 for internal filesystems, which will support file sizes up to ~16 TB, though I've never heard of an Android device with that much internal storage. Any limits on PDF files would be imposed by the apps, such as Adobe Reader, Kindle, etc. I am not aware of limits preventing access of 60 MB files, but you would have to determine that app by app.
5.) It depends on whether a developer community exists for any given device, and whether they have decided to port newer versions of Android to older devices. Otherwise you can only update to the level that the device vendor supports.
6.) Play Store is only available to tablets that meet the Google Android requirements, and are so certified. Google Play is the safest and most reliable repository of Android software.
7.) Stok firmware contains the vendor's version of the Android OS. You can load custom versions of the Android OS that were not provided by the device vendor, and those firmware images are not considered "stock."

Last edited: