Some Useful Tips for D2Pad owners

netizenmt

Nov 12, 2011
Hey Guys! I've been playing around with this tablet for a while now. For the record, I have the D II Pad-BK model with the 1.2 GHz processor and 1 GB RAM. I've managed to get it rooted and to get Google Play working after a few soft-bricks and a lot of experimentation with adb commands. I've also run into a few issues - CWM installs but can't mount my sdcard or sdext, so I haven't been able to do a traditional nandroid backup, and I can't install a custom ROM either. Also, I've noticed that when I move apps to SD, they go to the internal sdcard, not my external sdcard which is much larger (32GB class 6). And rooting manually was causing me a lot of extra work.

Well, the good news is, I've found some great apps to work around all of these problems. I plan on updating this thread as I find additional fixes, but here are some good ones to start out:

1. ROOT the EASY way!! - Unlock Root This is a very easy to use root program you run from your Windows PC that will give you full rooted access to your tablet. When you click on the green Free Download button, you will get an installer program. Note that when you run this, it will want to install a bunch of toolbar add-ins etc, but you can clear the check boxes and click cancel on the prompts and still get the Unlockroot program installed. OR, you can purchase the $30 pro version if you're feeling rich!

2. Nandroid Backup without ClockworkMod recovery installed: Download and install Online Nandroid Backup This app will allow you to run a nandroid backup or restore from your phone without having to boot to recovery. (Note: I had to reboot my phone before I ran this for the first time. Not sure if it was just me or what.)

3. Ever wish you could move your apps to your external SDCard instead of the internal SD? Now you can! External 2 SD makes the swap for you easily. You can also make this happen at boot just by clicking a check box. This is a little tricky to set up, but once you figure it out, it's a nice modification.

I hope these are helpful to you. Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited:

netizenmt

Nov 12, 2011
The tablet is partially rooted (at least the model I have was). The root method I posted seems to work pretty much on any device, so if you are having root issues, it's a handy thing to have available.