Sony browser gripes

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
I so hope it's. But is it just me, is there a way to scroll to the top of the browser page ? It is very frustrating when viewing a page and then wanting to get to the address bar to go to another page, u have to scroll manually back to the top. I even went to the Sony store and what a waste of time that was. The guy in the shop knew nothing about the tablet, I even asked about the cases for it and he had no idea what he was getting. Loving the tablet though.
Cheers

skint

Nov 2, 2011
It's you. :)

Just touch anywhere on the tab itself (between the icon and the X) and the address bar appears. I like the browser personally. I use Chromium on my big PC and it's very similar.

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
Ok cool that at least stops me trying to scroll to the top of the page instead of "re-appearing" the address bar.
So I take it that there still is no way to scroll to the top of a browser page ?

Tablet is awesome ... I'm just waiting for Sony to get remote play on there so it can be extra awesome.

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
anyone know how to stop mobile versions of websites on the sony browser ?

and still want to know how to scroll to the top of apage.

Cheers

lanips

Nov 7, 2011
Use the Dolphin browser available from the Android market. Has an option to treat the tablet as a desktop as regards browsing. It also uses drawn gestures to allow you to scroll to the top of a page. Much prefer it to the sony browser.

mr_nismo

Oct 31, 2011
Ok i'll give it a try ... Cheers
Hopefully Sony does an update in the future.

troycava

Nov 8, 2011
anyone know how to stop mobile versions of websites on the sony browser ?

and still want to know how to scroll to the top of apage.

Cheers

hi,

yes this is possible with a bit of a sort of hack if you like...

in the browser address bar type in: about:debug
press return on your key board and you will see it does nothing at all, awesome...
then go to settings for the browser and then to a new option called debug, you will see UAstring, choose the Desktop option and your browser will tell the websites you r a desktop.. BAM

sony tablets kick everythings ass, bring on ice cream sandwich...

sonytab2112

Nov 20, 2011
awesome man, thanks. but do you need to do this everytime you restart the device or are do the debug settings remain after reboot of the browser??