Sony Playstation Suite to Officially Allow Android Hardware to Run PSOne Games

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
RoCt0.jpg

At Sony's Thursday Tokyo press conference, Sony announced the Playstation Suite for Android. When it gets launched, it will first allow PSOne games to run on select Android 2.3 phones. Android traditionally has been a weak gaming platform. While there are already emulators that allow this functionality, to have Sony officially stand behind such an incentive is a milestone for Android devices. Devices will have to be certified through its PlayStation Certified program to qualify.

Sources
PcWorld
Engadget

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
That sounds kinda cool.
Now for the elephant in the room: No controller.

Is the on screen keyboard going to be sufficient? I don't know about that.

yoyodunno

Jan 5, 2011
That sounds kinda cool.
Now for the elephant in the room: No controller.

Is the on screen keyboard going to be sufficient? I don't know about that.

The tablet is the controller! I'm guessing use the accelerometer for turning, and there will probably be a couple on screen controls. I've seen some youtube vids of the Archos 101 playing games like Quake, and Need for speed like this.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
The tablet is the controller! I'm guessing use the accelerometer for turning, and there will probably be a couple on screen controls. I've seen some youtube vids of the Archos 101 playing games like Quake, and Need for speed like this.

Yes it probably would be like the iDevice emulators with buttons in the background.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
Hopefully a bluetooth or usb controller will be an allowed option also. I would really like to play the Tomb Raider games on my phone or future android tablet, but a controller would be necessary for that. BTW, I already have psx4droid on my droid X, and have a couple ps1 tomb raider games that play, however they are very choppy and too hard to play. Hopefully the official sony emulator will work much better.

black_m166

Jan 23, 2011
so has any1 tryed psx4droid on a 7/10 pad yet?
and if a phone can how come iv not saw any info on pads yet?
iv one on its way to me now, so gona b one of the first things to try