Sony S1

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Does anyone have it.. I tried it out at bestbuy today and my opinion of it is.. garbage! It feels like a kids toy.. The screen feels like plexiglass. No haptic feedback.. Felt light,but very cheap.. The Xoom and Galaxy 10.1 felt miles ahead.. If you drop that Sony,its all over!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I guess it's a matter of opinion, the folks who bought one seem to love it according to their posts in our new Sony Tablet S forum.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Of course they do,They just bought it.. I have no reason to bash it.. I'm just stating the facts.. Go to bestbuy and play with one.. The screen is not good..

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
I would have thought otherwise, I can't even make an opinion though because I haven't had the chance to experience the Sony S hands on. It is a pretty slick looking device though and the whole unique DLNA concept is quite appealing too. Not to create a huge debate or anything, but just because a device is light doesn't mean it's not durable if you were to drop it as you mentioned, but who knows. Also, I believe Sony has changed the name from S1 and S2 to simply S and P models, which is besides the point I know but just wanted to point that out.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
and no cool name for It? :-( lol I played wIth the sony agaIn tonIght. Its ok. I dont lIke the feel of the plastIc screen.

crpeck

Sep 21, 2011
I tried one out for a weekend, ending up sending it back. The concept was nice with the wedge, but, I ran into a couple of apps that forced me into an "upside down portrait mode", I had to flip it over with the wedge in my right hand (I prefer holding it in my left hand). I didn't care for the plastic feel, although I did not think it felt "cheap". Like all tablets, this thing is a fingerprint magnet. I do think SONY did a nice job with it, it just wasn't for me. I'd suggest either planning on spending some time with one in the store, or, buying it from Amazon, where you can return it without any questions asked.

I'm driving a Nook Color with CM 7.1 on it for now, waiting for the 'perfect' tablet to come out.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
No tablets are going to be perfect..It all comes down to personal preference.. Most Sony fanboy's are going to love it with its flaws,just like apple lovers.. Plus with the Sony playstation games on it,they will overlook the cheap feeling screen..