Sony support states Tablet S allows ad hoc wifi connection

JeffreyW75

Aug 3, 2012
So I contacted Sony about my inability to connect my Tablet S to ad hoc wifi connections, which I believe is what others on here have found to be the case as well. Sony claims that the tablet will connect to an ad hoc connection, although their suggested fix doesn't work of course. Here is what they told me today, which is pretty useless. Seems Sony doesn't even know that ad hoc doesn't work.

-original message-
Subject: Re: SGPT111US/S
Date: 09/06/2012 1:29 PM

XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

I understand that the Sony Tablet is not detecting or connecting to the Ad Hoc network. I have provided a link with the information to troubleshoot when cannot detect or connect to an Ad Hoc network on the tablet:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1027178

TIP: Click the blue text sub links to review more detailed informtion to perform the specific operation.

Thank you for understanding.

If you would like to be the first to know about our latest products and receive exclusive offers, please sign up for our newsletter: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SYNewsletterOptInView?storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&XID=M:cs_email

The Sony Email Response Team
C6LR
Harry

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachments associated therewith from your computer. Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.

Mabreu

Sep 10, 2012
I´ve received the same useless explain from Sony.

It does not connect to wifi/adhoc. Take care about it. It is a Android issue that Sony does not talk about.

Someone know how to connect? without any root?