Sony Tablet S and Free Texting

spoilingpets

Jan 26, 2012
Two different questions here.

I am new to the Tablet world and really have several people that text me. I looked at some of the free Apps for texting like Heywire, Text Me, and a couple others. They are really cheesy with no options for size and color and different things.

Can anyone suggest an app for texting and I dont mind paying if it works well. On my Droid X I have been using Chomps SMS and I am spoiledd by that but the Textfreek part of chomps is not compatable with Android 3.2.1, Actually not alot of things are compatible with android 3.2.1

I tried a couple other tablets and returned them and love the Sony but I still need to text.

Number 2 I cannot download the Amazon App store on this tablet is there something I am doing wrong or is it also not available on Android 3.2.1

Thank you for all your help
SpoilingPets

davect01

Jan 22, 2012
Two different questions here.

I am new to the Tablet world and really have several people that text me. I looked at some of the free Apps for texting like Heywire, Text Me, and a couple others. They are really cheesy with no options for size and color and different things.

Can anyone suggest an app for texting and I dont mind paying if it works well. On my Droid X I have been using Chomps SMS and I am spoiledd by that but the Textfreek part of chomps is not compatable with Android 3.2.1, Actually not alot of things are compatible with android 3.2.1

I tried a couple other tablets and returned them and love the Sony but I still need to text.

Number 2 I cannot download the Amazon App store on this tablet is there something I am doing wrong or is it also not available on Android 3.2.1

Thank you for all your help
SpoilingPets

Never really tried, I have my phone for that.

Congrats on the tablet, I love mine as well.

spooley

Dec 20, 2011
If you have the SGPT114GB/S model, with SIM card, then the built-in 'Messaging' application in the Sony tablet works fine.

Simon
Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum