Sony Tablet S-HOT OR NOT?

Dabrute

Sep 22, 2011
I've heard mixed reviews on this! I'm in the market to buy a TABLET! My girlfriend got that Samsung Galaxy tab 10.0 and love it! But i want something she doesn't have. lol I think I might wait and see what is coming out by the end of the year! So who has this sony tablet s?

birkenhair

Sep 25, 2011
I've got one, thing is though I dont have much to compare it with as it's my first tablet. So far though I can confirm that it's far better than my HTC Desire for browsing and playing games etc. (as you would expect) although after updating to 3.2 have had a couple of the preinstalled apps force close constantly. The remote control function works flawlessly and I have even set up my Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2 on it, to replace the dodgy remote shipped with it. I'm not sure what other tablets are like for memory but after living with my Desires measly 140mb ish app space (before rooting and applying new roms) I went for the 32gig version, out of the box it showed about 24 gig of free space. I know I can add memory cards but felt that 16 gig may not be enough to future proof my purchase. Who knows how android will evolve during the life expectancy of my new piece of kit. All in all I havn't put it down since I got it, so obviously I'm impressed.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Pinkie

Sep 14, 2011
I have played with one and really liked it, but my only concern was that Sony was getting into the game kinda late with much the same hardware as everyone else. I say late only because there is the new Kal-El quad core processors coming (hopefully even next month!) and with Toshiba Excite coming also (ultra thin, lots of ports, and faster than current processor). You also can't forget the impact the Amazon tab might have too once the "nicer" one shows up. That isn't rumored till first quarter next year though. So Sony putting their big effort into this when so much new gear is coming so soon seems a little backwards to me personally.

Only major complaint I have heard from a buddy that owns one is he thinks the software bloat is a bit bad. He will root when possible so that will help, but take it for what it is. I of course don't own one but I would wait tbh.