Sony Tablet S - Image persistence and vertical line over the screen

Karukun

Jul 15, 2012
Hello everyone!

Got my Sony Tablet S one week ago, and frankly, i´m a big fan of Sony products and also of the Android OS, but this one has been nothing but super problems to me, and im starting to regret my decision of buying this tablet in particular.

Did anyone noticed any kind of image persistance on it?? Mine has it, if the keyboard stay up for more than 3 minutes, the keyboard stay there for all subsequent screens, this has been pretty annoying.

On top of that, mine was gifted with a single vertical red line crossing the middle of the screen, pretty much stuck there for everything i do.

Did anyone in the world had this problem also?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
You unfortunately got a defective tablet, and since it is virtually new you should just be able to exchange it. It's too bad it had to happen because Sony makes some unique devices, and hate to see you give up on them.

Sent from my Sony Tablet P using Android Tablet

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Karukun said:
Hello everyone!

Got my Sony Tablet S one week ago, and frankly, i´m a big fan of Sony products and also of the Android OS, but this one has been nothing but super problems to me, and im starting to regret my decision of buying this tablet in particular.

Did anyone noticed any kind of image persistance on it?? Mine has it, if the keyboard stay up for more than 3 minutes, the keyboard stay there for all subsequent screens, this has been pretty annoying.

On top of that, mine was gifted with a single vertical red line crossing the middle of the screen, pretty much stuck there for everything i do.

Did anyone in the world had this problem also?

What Tom said. You seem to have a defective tablet. An exchange would be in order. The very first device I owned was a Palm and it had to be sent back. No problem since and I have upgraded 3 times.