Sony's New Flagship Android Tab, the Xperia Tablet Z on Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011

We have some "movie-star" action of the Sony Xperia Tablet Z flagship Android tab for you today. In the video above we get a little hands-on time with the new device. The previewer actually compares the device side-by-side with the Xperia Z smartphone, which was cool to see. This certainly looks like one of Sony's most impressive devices to date. It's nice to see the Japanese tech-lord pulling out all the stops with a highly competitive and enticing device. One could argue they were getting a bit "complacent" over the last 5 years or so, but it looks like they are returning to form again and getting hungry.

Could we be witnessing good ole "eye of the tiger"-style comeback from the makers of the Playstation? Either way, it will make devices just that much better for the rest of us, amounting to a win-win for consumers.

Last edited by a moderator:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Looks very nice. Usually Sony products that look very nice are very expensive. Hopefully they find a balance with this one.

LuvMusic

Dec 12, 2010
Nice to see Sony fighting back, I'm a fan of their top-tier strategy. Would like to see a better screen resolution. That said, I could see a Z tablet and phone sitting next to my NEX 5N and Vita, if they are not too expensive. I'm willing to pay a premium but not a ransom! :)

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Given the rather poor state of the global economy, which I hope will be short term IF the US can get its act together, I am happy to see Sony hasn't given up on its inherent need to produce high end devices, at their equally high end prices. I applaud Sony for giving us options that are as much about style as functionality. I'm willing, when able, to pay a premium for this type of luxury and I think it would be sad to see a world where price, through some kind of lowest common denominator mentality, limits choice.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Being a Sony fan overall, I am glad to see this. Would never be able to convince my wife to get one, though, since my Sony S is perfectly fine.

learner

Jan 28, 2012
It looks as if this tablet has the option of a keyboard dock, if only it had digital pen input, would be my IDEAL tablet.

Last edited by a moderator: