Sorry guys, had to dump the vtab.

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
I ended up selling the vtab the other night. It had a few to many bugs to keep it. Couldn't get a screen lock widget that would bypass it. It would randomly come up with the black v screen while using it. This resulted in wifi disconnecting, losing whatever I was working on. From what I could tell, it was rebooting. Got tired of waiting for honeycomb. Plus other rooted guys are having issues with getting it to work, didn't want a bricked unit. I'll still be around though. I'll be keeping an eye on the vizio section still. If I can get one with the update and the bugs worked out I might get one for the gf. As for myself I just picked up a 16gb toshiba thrive with the toshiba case stand and a zagg screen shield for $300. The guy I got it from on craigslist just bought it recently from best buy for work but he can't use it for things he needed to do. Good for me though. I was going to buy a refurb for $250-280 online. Only played with the thrive for bout 2 hrs but i'm really liking it. These full size ports are great. Hope all you guys that have been so helpfull here have better luck than I did. Thanks guys

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Goodluck with the Toshiba! I looked at the 7 inch thrive but I am in love with the 8 inch screen and the HC update of my Vtab. Again congrats on the new tablet!

Jim

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Sounds like you got a good deal on the Toshiba, hope you have better luck with it.

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
Thanks guys. I feel I got a pretty good deal. I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of action in the thrive section. Guess we'll see have to see what is in store for use with the release of their new tablet. I just felt that with the release of honeycomb and a new tablet coming out, it feels like there's little hope for ics w/out rooting.

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
rumor has it that a nexus tab will be coming out soon for around 150-250 if your thinking of ditching the vtab I would wait for more word on that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks guys. I feel I got a pretty good deal. I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of action in the thrive section. Guess we'll see have to see what is in store for use with the release of their new tablet. I just felt that with the release of honeycomb and a new tablet coming out, it feels like there's little hope for ics w/out rooting.

Check out our sister site dedicated to the Thrive at: Toshiba Thrive Forums

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
Thanks wicked. I'll take a look.