Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item

ibex16g

Jun 27, 2011
I have a brand new Ibex Flytouch3 16gb tablet running 2.2.
The message in the title above appears whenever I try to download an app from the market. I have used the search facility on this forum and cannot find a single thread relating to this.
Obviously I have not downloaded anything yet, as I can't, so surely there must be some free space left out of the 16Gb??
Has anyone else had this problem?
I have asked this question on another forum as suggested by the china seller grabber, but they do not answer your questions.....
I would love to be able to use the tablet for something other than a web browser.....

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Keep in mind there is a difference between storage and OS available store storage. The 16 Gb is what is used for files such as MP3s AVIs things like Books. The OS store storage is sometimes as small as 1Gb. This is where the applications are stored. Open your Settings and look at the details in the about your Tablet. This should give you an idea of what OS memory and OS Store Storage is available.
My recommendation is to remove/uninstall some of the Junkware that comes with your Tablet. Look at the Apps visible in the Home Applications screen. NOT the apps and core apps you might see in the Settings Applications. Uninstall a few of those. This should free up the OS Store.
A recommendation is to get an application which can move some of the apps to the Internal Storage Apps2SD is just one example. There are many others. Some Free, Better ones are not.

ibex16g

Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for the reply.
If I go to Settings, then SD Card/Device Storarge it shows "Internal Device Storage as 3.36GB
If I click on MyPad it shows "Total: 10.43GB, Free: 10.43GB

So does that not imply that there is some space to download to, in either location?
I just tried to download a BBC news app that is 758KB and I get the same message...

And do you mean junkware apps on the device like
RealCalc
Gmail
SoundRecorder
Clock
These would seem the only unnecessary items I can live without !!!
Your recommendation to get an application to move some of these is a good idea, but I can't download anything !!!!