[SOVLED] 4gb memory for 16gb tablet?

mitsobar

Aug 10, 2013
Hi there.

I just got a 2nd hand Z and when setting it up from what I assume was a factory reset done by the previous owner I noticed a distinct lack of memory.

The total usable memory is listed as 11.3gb. Total used memory is 1.6gb. Total available memory is 2.1gb. I am missing 8gig of memory nearly. This puts me at under 4gig of usable memory on a 16gig device sans SD card.

I have been all over the tablet looking for apps or hidden media files to account for the loss but I cannot find anything. Most surprisingly of all, in the storage section of settings where I got the above numbers there is a mini bar graph at the top that actually shows only 15% odd in use with the rest of the bar long grey and empty despite the numbers below it saying otherwise.

Whats the deal?.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Very strange. Try using the app DiskUsage (from the play store) to see if that can shed some light on what is going on.

mitsobar

Aug 10, 2013
This was helpful thanks.

Buried deep in multiple folders in the android folder were several games. I could find no individual launchers or overall gaming app that they were linked to in order to load them up for a look. Perhaps whatever loaded them was removed by the owners reset but the actual game data was left intact?.

I deleted them all and got my 8gig.