Editor in Chief
- Jan 5, 2011
Spotify users will likely be happy to see the new app on Android. It has gone through a major overhaul and has vastly improved with a ton of new features. It has been completely rewritten with full support for Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Some of the new features include slide-out navigation, a new home screen widget, new sharing social features, and more. You can get the full breakdown in the press release below,
Spotify for Android now on Google Play
Our latest Android app faster, slicker, better
Today were taking the covers off our latest and greatest Android app. Having undergone a top-to-bottom redesign and with a completely new box of tricks under the hood, we reckon this might be our best mobile app yet.
Available now on Google Play, features include:
- Totally new app with full support for Android 4.0
- All-new slide-out navigation
- Crossfade/gapless playback settings
- Widget control Spotify from the home screen
- Playlist folder support
- Even more social check out friends profile pages and playlists on the go
- Artist imagery in high resolution
- Related artist view available for the first time on mobile
- Extreme sound quality setting for 320kbps listening
- Play queue
- Last.fm scrobbling
- So much faster!
Gustav Södertröm, VP Products at Spotify, said: For all our Android users, this Spotify update is a huge leap forward. Weve rebuilt it from top to bottom, making it faster, slicker and much better looking.
He added: The feedback we got from the preview we released a few weeks back was really positive. We wanted to give our users something special we really hope you like it.
As with all Spotify Mobile apps, youll need a Premium subscription to get your music on the move. To download Spotify for Android, click on this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spotify.mobile.android.ui