Sprint planning to bring the HTC EVO View 4G to $199 the week after Christmas?

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
Sprint planning to bring the HTC EVO View 4G to $199 the week after Christmas?

Thought this was worth sharing. Not sure what you all think of Carrier Backed Tablets, but some people might be interested. ;)

Read the link, but it seemed to imply that the current price of $249 required you to sign up for service with Sprint?

A lot of carriers are actually giving deals on tablets, provided that you sign up for service with them. In fact, over the Thanksgiving holiday, I was on vacation with the family in Toronto, Canada and Rogers (one of the cell providers in Canada) was running a promotion where if you signed up for service and got a smartphone, they would give you a Motorola Xoom for free. The Rogers website right now shows that the current deal is if you get two smartphones on a family plan, or you sign up for Rogers digital TV and internet for your home, they give you a Samsung Galaxy Tab for free. Granted, service contracts in Canada is much worse than it is here in the US, they require you to sign a 3 year contract.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
I think that's exactly what it meant, that you have to sign on a dotted line to get the price reduction. But if you're on the market for a new carrier and want a tablet capable of using this feature this could be a good thing. That is hard to believe they can make a contract for THREE years, two is long enough in my opinion. ;)