Still shopping, asking for 7" tablet suggestions.

May 20, 2011
I'm interested in getting a 7" tablet. I plan on using it mainly to watch videos (my own movies) and surf the internet. I would like to have flash too. I am not familiar with Android but I am tech savvy and don't mind tinkering with hacks and mods.

I'm looking to spend $150 or less and would rather it be closer to $100. I wouldn't mind getting a decent device that has to be converted (flashed or whatever).

It was suggested to look for a used Huawei S7 tablet. Is the 7" Coby tablet any good? I also read about the Nook color being converted to honeycomb.

What are the opinions on the cheap Chinese tablets (epad, apad)? Are they upgradable?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
Hamilton,

I recently purchased the Coby 7015 and love it. Rooted, installed ClockworkMod, and Google Marketplace within 10 minutes. After I installed Tipster's HoneyComb 2.1 ROM, it runs even better than the OEM ROM. I can't think of a tab I would rather have under the $150 price range. If you are not wanting to root/install custom ROMS, you may want to look at the newer 7024 tabs from Coby. They are right on your budget line and include Android 2.2 and a better spec sheet (but have no custom ROMs yet.) You should check out some of the threads over in the Coby Forum.

glenl5515

May 23, 2011
Hey,
I recently bought an android tablet cooPad V6 for only USD157.90.
This Android 2.3 Tablet has
Multi-touch Capacitive 7" Screen
3D Game
Flash 10.2
WiFi
800MHz CPU
1080P HDMI Output
3G

May 20, 2011
Hey,
I recently bought an android tablet cooPad V6 for only USD157.90.
This Android 2.3 Tablet has
Multi-touch Capacitive 7" Screen
3D Game
Flash 10.2
WiFi
800MHz CPU
1080P HDMI Output
3G

The CooPad looks tempting, but I was hoping to find something with more support. What apps market does this have? Is anyone trying to get honeycomb on this? Hows the battery life? Can you give a review of your experience so far? You might even make a thread reviewing it.

Thanks

andamas

Feb 15, 2011
Like you, I did a lot of comparison shopping and didn't want to break the $300 threshold. The S7 is great, I have been using extensively for over a week and haven't found any real cons.
Pros
fast processor (but don't use live wallpapers)
multi-touch capacitive touch screen
user replaceable battery
micro SD, USB and HDMI
supports Flash 10.2
very good battery life
fits easily in your pocket
Cons
not much on board memory
screen streaks easily (you'll get over it, no worse than iPad)
poor data/charging cable combo (buy a separate micro USB cable)
light sensor does not seem to work properly

I was looking for a replacement for my Palm T|X, I am confident this is it. You will not be disappointed by the build or performance.