stuck screen

kamajit

Dec 25, 2012
My nephew just sat on my new tablet, less then 24 hours old, :mad: now its stuck on the home screen, wont respond at all, wont shut down just stays stuck on the one screen, tried the power button plus the volume button and still stuck, any ideas?

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
My nephew just sat on my new tablet, less then 24 hours old, :mad: now its stuck on the home screen, wont respond at all, wont shut down just stays stuck on the one screen, tried the power button plus the volume button and still stuck, any ideas?

That sounds bad. Hold the power button down for 20 seconds. If it powers down, try starting it up again and see what happens. I don't really have anything encouraging to say, tho -- except that at least it wasn't an iPad!

Ravak

Dec 5, 2012
I was surprised how long you need to press the power button to power it down (had few freezes on 4.0.4). If holding the power button won't work, you can try to remove the battery (or just wait for it to discharge). Sitting on it shouldn't be fatal (it has metal exterior and internal roll cage) ;P

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
This is one place where I agree with my wife.

When you buy something like this it's best to buy the accidental warranty with it SquareTrade is very reasonable and it cover's accidents from day 1 if you buy the one with ADH.

When I get mine I'm going to get the three year and it will also cover parts and labor after the mfg warranty for another two years.
And it will only cost $89.98 extra. Good Luck.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

When you buy something like this it's best to buy the accidental warranty with it SquareTrade is very reasonable and it cover's accidents from day 1 if you buy the one with ADH.

When I get mine I'm going to get the three year and it will also cover parts and labor after the mfg warranty for another two years.

I agree on buying squaretrade, best warranty out there. I will order mine in a week or so, one has 30 days, my squaretrade cost $49.99 for two years or $69.99 for three years, most likely will go with two year plan.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012

I dropped my first and wrecked it. The second came with accidental damage protection ;).