Stylus use on Galaxy Tablet 2.7

edalsie

Aug 6, 2012
I'd like to take hand notes so I've picked up a stylus from Targus and downloaded a couple of apps (the latest is "LectureNotes") with which to take notes. The stylus seems to be fairly generic with a soft rubber bulb at the screen tip.
But I can't get any readable results... even while printing slowly. Half of the 'pencil' stroke is always missing, if not most of it. I've been practicing hard and soft, quick and slow, handwriting and printing, thick and thin strokes. There is no setting (or application) which seems to allow me to take hand notes.

The stylus does let me choose buttons and swipe screens, so it is certainly making 'contact'.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

Allen

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Allen, unfortunately that is the drawback of capacitive screens. You can try a different kind of stylus but the capacitive technology is just not very good for writing or high precision. Of course the individual device hardware and stylus used can also effect the results. Your best option is probably to try a few styli until you find one that works for you. You can try searching the forum for relevant threads and check out this article The best stylus for iPad: we review the hits and misses | The Verge.

JP

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
From experience, the closest thing to writing with a pen on real paper comes from using the Adonit Jot or Dagi stylus. Both use similar technology and they glide across the screen.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
With my Galaxy Tab 7 plus, which I believe uses the same screen as your tablet, the best Stylus I found was the Pogo Sketch Pro which works amazingly well. The Caseen Vibe also performed very well.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android

edalsie

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for some suggestions. I don't recall seeing any of these, but at least now I know what to look for!

Much appreciated.

Allen