Suddenly cannot connect to google play

braganbb

May 23, 2011
Please help me find a solution for this. I suddenly could not connect to google play through its app. It just says "no connection" but i have internet connection and could browse. I have tried turning the unit on and off several times but to no avail.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Generally that connection problem has an error code but since you didn't mention one lets try this anyway. Go to settings - app - all. Five the Google Services Framework. Tap it and tell it to clear the cache then force stop and restart your tablet. Report back.

braganbb

May 23, 2011
i tried rebooting several times but to no avail but i did notice that my time and date got reset when i removed the battery yesterday,that's when i also noticed that i cant connect to google play. when i entered the proper date and time, i was able to connect back to google play. Could this have been the solution?

Last edited:

braganbb

May 23, 2011
Could it have been just a bug in google app when there is no date and time?

Last edited:

hatalbot

Aug 7, 2011
Generally that connection problem has an error code but since you didn't mention one lets try this anyway. Go to settings - app - all. Five the Google Services Framework. Tap it and tell it to clear the cache then force stop and restart your tablet. Report back.

Had the same problem, after clearing cache, rebooting, changing Google Password, etc. No luck.

Realized that my system date was reset back to 2008! Once I corrected that, things started working again.