Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 10.1 - Problem Using Wireless Hotspot on HTC One XL

Jerouk

Oct 11, 2013
Good afternoon from sunny (but cold) Brighton in the UK.

I'm having a wee headache trying to use the wireless hotspot on my HTC One XL (Android 4.1.1) with my Cyclone Voyager 10.1 (NOT BT, also Android 4.1.1, firmware updated already).

There's no problem finding and connecting to the Wireless Hotspot, however it's not actually getting any Internet connection.

Troubleshooting wot I did already:
My Laptop connects just fine to the hotspot and is, in fact, how I'm making this post.
I've checked the HTC settings and: 1) it allows up to 5 users (the tablet can't connect when nothing else is connected anyway). 2) There are no user restrictions set. 3) It acknowledges the tablet is connected.
I've checked the tablet settings and: 1) the password is good 2) There seem to be no other relevant settings!

I'm assuming that as I'm not receiving any error messages that this is some kind of IP addressing issue or similar that is preventing access "behind the scenes" as it were. I know that while the Cyclone Voyager is stupidly good value for money, it does have a few issues. Bless.

I've not rooted the Cyclone and would prefer to avoid this if possible; however if it's the only option I'd have a crack. I've also not done a full factory reset as it's a royal PITA to get the tablet back exactly how I like it. I'm hoping this is a known issue and the two devices can be taught to play nice with each other ;-)

Quick update: Both devices agree about what IP address the Cyclone has, FWIW.

I'd appreciate any thoughts folks might have.

Cheers,

Jero

Last edited:

Jerouk

Oct 11, 2013
Many Thanks Musing. I missed that when digging for an answer. I'll have a go at fixed IP etc, Will confirm here and on the other thread if it works.

Cheers

Jero

Jerouk

Oct 11, 2013
Annoyingly this doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment:
I have no option anywhere under Wireless to set a static IP, so ....
I've tried a couple of Apps that claim to set a static IP for you and they don't seem to be helping. For these I'm using the IP settings from an ipconfig from my laptop while it's connected to the hotspot ...

I'll keep trying, but if anything else leaps to mind please do let me know!

Cheers

Jero