Super Bricked CMP741e

zacanger

Aug 20, 2013
Okay, so this is where I am with this issue. I have the ZET6221. I installed one of the CM9 ports I found on this forum, which worked well, loved it. I tried to use No Frills to bump up the CPU a bit, and my screen immediately glitched out and the device became unresponsive. I powered down, tried to power back up, and now I'm stuck for good on the Android icon boot screen.

I can't get it into FEL mode, so LiveSuit can't see it. ADB doesn't see it. Devmgmt.msc doesn't even see it. I've tried three images with PhoenixCard -- the one for my tablet from the TUTORIAL thread, one from another thread that claims some devices are slightly different because they came in a black box, and I even tried the one for the version with the other screen. So far, no luck with anything.

If I can get this thing to at least show up as a device to my PC, I can go from there. There are some great threads on this forum on restoring bricked A10s, including that awesome thread with the full dumps and stuff.

So, basically, does anyone know of a way to at least get this thing to show up in devmgmt?

zacanger

Aug 20, 2013
Update: I decided to try all the options with PhoenixCard again, and got this:
sprite update error: current card sprite failed
now hold the machine
So I'm setting it aside for a while before I go all Office Space on it.

zacanger

Aug 20, 2013
Update again: I flashed the alternate firmware for the black box version using PhoenixCard over and over again, and eventually it kind of worked. I have I have CWM, I have a display, it boots, but no matter what ROM I flash, I don't have touch. Any ideas?

zacanger

Aug 20, 2013
Okay, another post about the same thing. Haha

Hmmm, okay, so I've been doing some reading (a lot of reading) on forums. Since all of the ROMs on my sdcard (as well as my NANDroid of stock) had touch when I first tried them, I'm assuming at some point in constant flashing with PhoenixCard something that isn't included in a ROM got overwritten. I'm at the far limits of my Android knowledge here, but I'm assuming the touch controller drivers got overwritten or deleted when I tried the Gooseberry and GT811 images. There's a lot of content I could probably use to fix, what with all of these ROMs and images, not to mention the dumps over at http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/craig-tablets/53726-cmp741e-complete-nandroid-backup.html , but I'm not sure where to start.

c19932

Jan 16, 2013
are u sure u have the ZET6221? try flashing the firmware for the other model and see if touchscreen works

zacanger

Aug 20, 2013
are u sure u have the ZET6221? try flashing the firmware for the other model and see if touchscreen works

Yep. Ran lsmod first thing, definitely the ZET6221. I did end up trying the GT811 firmware, as well as the firmware cleaner (sun4i_crane image) which DID work, except for touch.

I tried using Uberizer to mod the init.rc, because all of the ts .ko's were set to load, but I guess init.rc resets on boot.

Then I tried using ImageSuite to basically just copy the ZET6221-related lines from script.bin and common_sys_config into the sun4i_crane image (using this guide: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/45961-tutorial-how-to-fix-a-a10-livesuite-rom/ ), and the resulting image brought me back to square one.

I just got a Trio Stealth Pro 9.7C in the mail yesterday, easily got that rooted and got GAPPS on it (that's another A10 device). But fixing this CMP741e is definitely still a priority.

Last edited: