Super complex passwords for the Nook HD?

Raveolution

Aug 7, 2014
Hi, I'm the network security guy for my family and my wife recently bought a Nook HD+.

This is proving to be a nightmare for our home network since I use 64 character (or larger) wireless access passwords (WPA2/AES) that are very complex - upper/lowercase letters, punctuation, everything a keyboard can put out. (@bC!#23>,?'=+ <-- stuff like this.) In theory, it should take Googolplex number of years for all the computing power in the world, to crack such a password. In case some bandwidth-stealing war-driving hacker out there (and I know of at least 4 people like that by name in this area) is eager to prove that I don't know what the heck I'm talking about, I also change these passwords every 2 weeks... at least, I did until the Nook came along.

For a laptop I just put in my memory stick and copy and paste the wireless password from a text file into the password field and off we go. This isn't so for the Nook. With Nook, when it comes to setting the wireless password, I have to enter it in by hand. This is a serious pain to do since it's easy to miss a character.

My wife uses email and we also use long passwords there, which we change every 4 weeks due to the constant accessing of email over wireless networks. Again this is easy to do on a laptop because cut and paste. But the Nook... that just ain't happening. How do I get around this?

There's got to be some way to cut and paste a 64 character password right into the email or wireless password prompts like you can do on a laptop. Top corporations do this on their wireless networks so I know it's possible.