SuperPAD VI Cortex A8 DDR III 512M 8Gb

locnar

Jan 2, 2012
Hi all,
I'm Brian, a Chef from Central Coast California, I am a looking for assistance with a tablet I received for Christmas.

So here's my problem:

The device says it isn't compatable with some of the .apk I have tried to install (both from market & web). I would like to root it & flash a custom rom to solve buggy stock firmware issues.
None of the root .apk I have tried had successful root.
Wifi was faulty at first, I installed Blade Wifi Fix .apk from market, solved all issues.

I have successfully rooted my LG ally & flashed velocity custom rom using online guide, so I have a very small understanding of flashing firmware.
I've done some google searching and haven't been able to come up with much info on the tablet though, besides the fact that it might be a "knockoff" or "fake"

Box says: "SuperPAD VI Cortex A8 DDR III 512M 8Gb"

Android system check app says:

Android version : 2.3
Release Codename : REL
API LEVEL : 9
CPU ABI : armeabi-v7a
Manufacturer : VIMICRO
Bootloader : unknown
CPU ABI2 : armeabi
Hardware : vimicro
Radio : unknown
Board : unknown
Brand : generic
Device : vortex
Display : MID-userdebug 2.3 GRH55

Do i need to post more info about device?

Sent from my MID using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Brian, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Christmas present. Glad you decided to join us as a new member. I'm pretty sure you should head over to the Gome Flytouch II Variant 2 section with that tablet. I'm going to move your thread over there for you, so the folks there can see what you've got and discuss it's possibilities with you. If they holler at you for being in the wrong section, tell them it's all my fault.:eek:

locnar

Jan 2, 2012
No one has any info on this?

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
... [snip] ...
I would like to root it & flash a custom rom to solve buggy stock firmware issues.
None of the root .apk I have tried had successful root.
... [snip] ...
Box says: "SuperPAD VI Cortex A8 DDR III 512M 8Gb"

Android system check app says:

Android version : 2.3
Release Codename : REL
API LEVEL : 9
CPU ABI : armeabi-v7a
Manufacturer : VIMICRO
Bootloader : unknown
CPU ABI2 : armeabi
Hardware : vimicro
Radio : unknown
Board : unknown
Brand : generic
Device : vortex
Display : MID-userdebug 2.3 GRH55

This is a fairly new version, no custom roms available for it yet. I have seen other postings about vimicro & Cortex A8 tabs (perhaps on other forums?)

cptitb

Dec 25, 2011
Hi I have got the exact same tablet from my girlfriend for christmas but I have the 16gb version and was wondering the same thing. Its a great tablet but I would like to upgrade it to honeycomb or ics anybody got any ideas?