Switching between adhoc and infrastructure wifi connection

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
this is in the wifi ad hoc fix on XDA.. for those having trouble with wifi connectivity after using the ad hoc hack .. this script for adb helps you switch between adhoc and infrastructure wifi connection ... you then use a terminal app to switch. works perfect for me (with OG droid as adhoc connection) and very practical

xda-developers - View Single Post - [FIX] AdHoc Wifi support on the NC!

sorry if this has been touched on .. if so this is just a bump on the topic for new owners (like myself).
good luck!

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
i figured ...just thought id throw it out there again since it really helped me.. mods can delete if they want

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I vote that this at least be moved over to Technical since it's not exactly noob territory.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
actually the great thing about this is once you've added and given rights to wpa_supplicant, you only have to turn on adhoc once via terminal - after that you can connect to either infrastructure or adhoc - no need to go back and forth to the terminal

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
actually the great thing about this is once you've added and given rights to wpa_supplicant, you only have to turn on adhoc once via terminal - after that you can connect to either infrastructure or adhoc - no need to go back and forth to the terminal

the reason myself and others switch is because the adhoc connection drops when the screen turns off.. causing you to have to cycle wifi off and on when unlocking the NC... so keeping it on infrastructure until a adhoc connection is actually needed is just easier and less annoying. but your right, for those with no connection problems.. leaving it on adhoc would be the way to go.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
FYI - I started to work on an adhoc setup for my G1 and NC the other day and fell into this trap. I figured there would be a solution, but couldn't remember where. I found this thread again and started to follow the instructions but realized that hopefully someone has made a toggle widget so I don't have to go into terminal every time I want to swap. I'm reading through the LONG xda thread and it looks like there are still issues, even WITH that post above... anyone got a solid working solution before I read 18+ pages over at XDA?