SYNETA7 netbook

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
It does look like a new one. Possibly.

Sylvania had a 7" netbook that was running Windows CE, which was the reason I never bought it. I always figured if I was going to get a net book, I'd go ahead and get a 10" with Win7 Starter. Though now that I think about it, I wonder if that could have met my needs afterall... *shrugs*

It's possible that this is the same hardware, just running on Android instead. Oh how I wish I had the money to buy both. This little find has my 'Oh, Shiny!" nerves twitching, though I'm questioning if it's really just our tablets, with a keyboard attached... essentially our version of the ASUS Transformer....

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Me too Rrok.... I am jonesing for another tablet to play with, but I would be pissed if it is just our 7" with a keyboard.....

appleseed

Nov 30, 2011
That is pretty nice. I've not seen that one yet. How much was it at Toys R Us?
I just ordered this one for our sons. They love playing games, watching videos and running various apps on my wife's iPhone and my Android phone, so I thought this would be ideal for them.

Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us

appleseed

Nov 30, 2011
i nabbed the 7" tablet Express Plus this morning after hearing that Toys R Us was having a 50% one-day sale today. got it for 75.00 online. within five minutes, they were gone. i think it is a worthwhile deal for sure.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
So I've looked at a few pictures that have come up on the net and I'm half-and-half sure this is NOT our tabs in a fold over case. According to some of the pics, it looks like this may actually be a new version of the SYNET7WID. This was the 7" netbook that most CVS stores were selling when they didn't have the TABEX7. From the looks of it, I'd say that it's the NET7WID, with twice as much memory, and Andy 2.2 instead of WinCE6. Hardware-wise, I expect some differences... software, I'm guessing it's still the same Andy 2.2 we have now.

Jan 10, 2011
I'm new to the sylvania world, but this does seem like a tablet with a keyboard. It has 3 usb ports (one labeled for factory use only) and an ethernet port. space for a sd card. Some of the games we downloaded are portrait oriented and won't work right with the mouse pad. I guess I'm not real sure that I like it. The kids like it fine for web browsing, I'm going to put some movies on it for the little guy to watch on car trips. It is 2.2 android.

dryce

Dec 6, 2011
I have a friend who bought this for her daughter during the Black Friday sales. Is there a way to root and add the market to this yet? Will any of the existing methods work? Thanks.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Unfortunately, this is a new horse to the stable, and so far everyone that owns it is someone who got it on Black Friday, and so far, is new to the forums. So we don't know the answer specifically. The only thing we can advise is that it's possible the methods known so far might work; but we won't know for sure until someone is willing to risk bricking it to find out.

staplebench

Dec 24, 2011
I have been messing with this SYNETA7 for a few days and have not bricked it yet. I have the google market working. (some apps don't show up and it is stuck using euro for the payments) I also have it rooted. My goal is to replace the factory ROM with Uberoid V5.
Specs:
os Android 2.2
device p7901a
display FRF85B
CPU ARMv6-compatible rev 5(v6l)
BogoMIPS 791.34
Memory
Download Cache Max 63.98MB
Data max .96GB
Total RAM 185MB

7" Wireless Android Smartbook - Sylvania Computers
I email support asking for a download of the factory ROM. I can't get ROM Manager to make a backup. I have tried some bootstrapping methods but non let the backup run. Bootloader Locked?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I have been messing with this SYNETA7 for a few days and have not bricked it yet. I have the google market working. (some apps don't show up and it is stuck using euro for the payments) I also have it rooted. My goal is to replace the factory ROM with Uberoid V5.
Specs:
os Android 2.2
device p7901a
display FRF85B
CPU ARMv6-compatible rev 5(v6l)
BogoMIPS 791.34
Memory
Download Cache Max 63.98MB
Data max .96GB
Total RAM 185MB

7" Wireless Android Smartbook - Sylvania Computers
I email support asking for a download of the factory ROM. I can't get ROM Manager to make a backup. I have tried some bootstrapping methods but non let the backup run. Bootloader Locked?
Welcome to the forum!

Determine the Hardware Id "hwver" using Android Terminal Emulator (no root required) then run the following command.
Code:
$ cat /proc/cmdline
Once you have that information please post and then review infoTMIC Hardware ID's "hwver" and updates (*.ius) for some insight.