Synrgic Dreambook W7

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Greetings Everyone:

Looks like a new 7 inch Tablet is begining to sell in China with the highest screen
resolution of all China Tablets.

The Dreambook W7 has the following specs and it seems is exclusively selling on
PandaWill Website.
At present they are manufacturing 50 units.

Has anyone found a another Online store in China that sells this Tablet?

Here is the specs for this Tablet:

Model Dreambook W7
CPU Freescale IMX515, 800MHz
Operation System Android 2.2
RAM 512MB(4 x 128MB)
ROM(Memory) 8GB nandflash
Shell Material Plastic
Screen Size 7 inch (16:9)
Type LCD
Display Capacitive Screen
Resolution 1024 x 600px Highest Resolution
Visible Angle 160°
Extend Card Support SD card up to 16GB
Camera Yes,2.0 Megapixels
Gravity Sensor Yes
Light Sensor Yes
Graphic OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenVG 1.1
Multi-Touch Yes
Flash Yes, support Flash 10.1
Android Market Yes, built in
Youtube Yes
Video 1080P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV…
Music Stero output, MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
Ebook TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…
Skype Yes
GPS Yes,support
Bluetooth Yes Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Email and Browser Yes, built in
WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g
Battery Built in, 4200mAh (3.7V,15.5Wh)
3G Yes WCDMA (UMTS/HSDPA 2100MHz)
Band GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 2100MHz
Earphone Interface 3.5mm
Language Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Spanish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese
Other Applications Task Manager, Browser, Gallery, Android Webkit, Clock, Calculator, Calendar, eReader, Gmail, Google Maps…
Product Size 197 x 126 x 14mm
Product Weight 300g
Extend Port 1 x MINI USB port
1 x Micro USB port
1 x SIM card slot
1 x HDMI port
1 x SD card slot
1 x 3.5mm earphone port
Package Size 293 x 150 x 61mm
Package Weight 1300g not Product weight

Regards Robert

geekempire

Jan 17, 2011
Quite good tablet...would be an interesting idea to compare with Kinpad, as specs are similar, but this Dreambook is BEAUTIFUL

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Yes it looks really nice. One major difference between this unit and the kinpad is the addition of various user ports (HDMI,USB,etc.) onboard. At first i wished the kinpad had the samething but after usng the kinpad i am glad it doesn't because the 30pin USB allows the tablet to be extremely thin.

geekempire

Jan 17, 2011
Yes it looks really nice. One major difference between this unit and the kinpad is the addition of various user ports (HDMI,USB,etc.) onboard. At first i wished the kinpad had the samething but after usng the kinpad i am glad it doesn't because the 30pin USB allows the tablet to be extremely thin.

What about quality build and Android 2.2 implementation on KinPad?
I have a Herotab C8 and a 816 (the first one is pretty good but firmware
still needs improvements - screen and building is very very good -, 816
is a pretty tablet but I would stay with a capacitive screen, cannot compare).

Does battery last on Kinpad? Dreambook seems to have good autonomy with it's high capacity battery...

Just deciding between these 2 impressive tabs...

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
What about quality build and Android 2.2 implementation on KinPad?
I have a Herotab C8 and a 816 (the first one is pretty good but firmware
still needs improvements - screen and building is very very good -, 816
is a pretty tablet but I would stay with a capacitive screen, cannot compare).

Does battery last on Kinpad? Dreambook seems to have good autonomy with it's high capacity battery...

Just deciding between these 2 impressive tabs...

This is my first tablet but i have owned enough laptops to realize that the build quality is excellent. They've packet a lot into a little package. The look and feel is very much like the Samsung Galaxy Tab. The unit has raised buttons for home, etc. which may wear our over time but makes it a god send in the dark besides i don't expect to use this tablet for ten years.

Since this is my first tablet i'm not sure if the android version is good. Everything does work as expected. I was able to root the device but wasn't able to overclock. There was an issue with the 3g but the developers pushed out an update which means that they are involved. I'm really waiting for droid 3 to see what this tablet can really do.

I guess it all depends what you'll use the tablet for. If this is the only one you will own and you want it to everything i.e. media centre then pick the Dreambook or if you want it to extremely portable then the Kinpad s the way to go.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I reported on Synrgic back here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ails-freescale-imx515-android-2-1-tablet.html

Pandawill is selling: link

If they are producing, at least you will have a webpage to go to for updates and such: www.synrgic.com - W7 Dreambook

Have talked to some of their staff in the past. They are pricing their devices at a premium, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if they could uphold device quality.

Who wants to take the leap of faith?

IMX515 is not supposed to be Honeycomb upgradable, but 2.3 is already feasible.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
As an append, the Malata is coming with a 1366x768 screen resolution, so it would have the highest resolution, not this. But maybe this has the highest pixel density.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
All screens I've used are glass, resistive or capacitive... There can be a plastic or glass film on top. For that, I don't know... I'm guessing plastic, but someone should email a vendor or syngric directly to check.

emmert_m

Mar 30, 2011
Is anyone having trouble with the data connection? i have AT&T and when I put my sim card in it the device works fine for making phone calls, but it will not connect to the internet even when i have enabled data access in the settings. i even tried the "2g" setting but no luck. Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks.

Mike

zanesg

Apr 3, 2011
Is anyone having trouble with the data connection? i have AT&T and when I put my sim card in it the device works fine for making phone calls, but it will not connect to the internet even when i have enabled data access in the settings. i even tried the "2g" setting but no luck. Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks.

Mike

No problem with 3g data connection so far. Did u set your APN right?

Instead I have a problem with its HDMI output. Does anyone have the same problem as me? TV shows no signal when I plug the HDMI cable.. :(

Dreambook also doesn't indicate anywhere that HDMI is connected. :confused:

myzter

Apr 3, 2011
I have not purchased this device, but Iam thinking seriously about it ...
Of all the reviews so far.. not one has left an opinion regarding the GPS (a-gps)
Can it work with google maps ?
how long does it take to get a location fix ?
Can the W7 use GPS without a-GPS ?
Does it do voice navigation?
anyone ??

zanesg

Apr 3, 2011
I have not purchased this device, but Iam thinking seriously about it ...
Of all the reviews so far.. not one has left an opinion regarding the GPS (a-gps)
Can it work with google maps ?
how long does it take to get a location fix ?
Can the W7 use GPS without a-GPS ?
Does it do voice navigation?
anyone ??

It should work with Google maps but so far it has not found my location. But it works very well with a GPS app - Locus.
It takes about a minute or two to get the location fix. Rather slow?

Have yet to try voice navi..

myzter

Apr 3, 2011
thankyou zanesg
1-2 minutes sounds good and fast to me.
Can you answer another question...
can the GPS app - Locus display the speed (kmph or MPH) you are travelling ?
max speed ? distance ?

emmert_m

Mar 30, 2011
No problem with 3g data connection so far. Did u set your APN right?

Instead I have a problem with its HDMI output. Does anyone have the same problem as me? TV shows no signal when I plug the HDMI cable.. :(

Dreambook also doesn't indicate anywhere that HDMI is connected. :confused:

What is the required stting for the APN?

Thanks