SYTAB10ST extracted update images

dazoe

Nov 26, 2011
I have extracted the ius update that the sytab10st gets from the update server. I thought someone might want to have a look.
IUW lists the images as
RD (170 KB)
RD_ (4477 KB)
LK (2347 KB)
ADR_AS (59742.5 KB)

The results are...
RD: ramdisk.img (cpio image)
RD_: updater.img (cpio image)
LK: kernel (linux kernel)
ADR_AS: system (ext3 filesystem)

Link to the ius:
http://dg-support2a.com/update/11.6.8.2/SYTABEX7-2_Android_395266.ius

Link to extracted images:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51092610/sytab10st-images.tgz

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
After rooting, I have somehow created a brick. It "boots", but I get a blank home screen. Is there anyway to apply this update to "restore" the system?
Welcome to the forum!

Before burning the entire firmware attempt a "Factory Reset".

jimcfs

Nov 30, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

Before burning the entire firmware attempt a "Factory Reset".

Is there a particular way to do the "Factory Reset"? I've tried the various ideas found on this forum... have gotten nowhere.

dazoe

Nov 26, 2011
So far the only way I know of is if your tablet starts up to the point you can get to the settings you can so a 'wipe device' or 'factory reset', I don't remember what its called. To get there from home screen press menu, then settings, then security or privacy(not sure on that one), then wipe device or factory reset.
I don't have my tablet with me so im not sure what the actual names are.
I plan on doing some tutorial videos soon i'll start with this when I get home from work.

Sent from my DROID3 using Android Tablet Forum

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
If you don't have a zsys.img then you can't reset. You'll need to reflash via iuw or SD.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

lorenii

May 2, 2011
How do you update using the images?

If you just got your tablet, you are currently updated. IGNORE the Able to Update message. It is a software glitch and all it will do it erase everything you have done and put you right back to where you were when you opened the box.

YOU CAN BRICK YOUR TABLET IF YOU START MESSING AROUND WITH FLASHING and not knowing what you are doing...

A bricked tablet is junk. Nothing can be done to fix it.

Last edited: