SYTAB7MX Hardware Id "hwver" 11.2.7.4 InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
The latest Version Code "vcode" firmware update for the SYTAB7MX Hardware Id "hwver" 11.2.7.4 seems to be "3" FileNum: 11.2.7.4.7.4.

InfoTMIC Update Wrap SYTAB7MX_Android_132868.ius contains the following images -

Wrap Information:
Code:
Company: sylvania
Board: error
FileNum: 11.2.7.4.7.4
Size 66 MB

Image List:
U0 (257 K) u-boot-nand.bin 2009.08-svn (10 0xe 0x9c 0x88 24 2011 - 11:10:21)
RD (178.5 KB) Ramdisk
RD_ (4778.5 KB) updater.img
LK (2392.5 KB) Kernel
ADR_USER (8.5 KB) userdata.img
ADR_AS (60365 KB) zSYS.img

CAUTION: Using the incorrect update file can cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet. Only use update files that correspond to the specific hardware.

PS - If anyone would like a challenge it would be appreciated if the system.img could be unpacked for investigation. Using a working unyaffs utility results in the following errors -

Code:
Chunk size is 8192 bytes in system.img
Spare size calculated to be 256 bytes
Compiling unyaffs ...
unyaffs successfully compiled

Extracting contents of system.img ...

Error: Stackdump file found under /system folder due to incompatibility with unyaffs.

unyaffs.exe.stackdump
Code:
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=61113783
eax=00000000 ebx=00000098 ecx=00002900 edx=00000000 esi=6124674A edi=00000000
ebp=0022CCF8 esp=0022CCF4 program=C:\cygwin\home\Owner\kitchen\tools\unyaffs_files\unyaffs.exe, pid 3640, thread main
cs=001B ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003B gs=0000 ss=0023
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args
0022CCF8  61113783  (00000000, 0040CD50, 00000200, 00000003)
0022CD38  004010FF  (61243EFC, 00000000, 6120E728, 00401373)
0022CD68  004013EF  (00000002, 61246844, 004700F8, 61004BB9)
0022CD98  61007038  (00000000, 0022CDD4, 61006980, 7FFD6000)
End of stack trace

Last edited:

kenonly3

Nov 30, 2011
Can you post or PM a download link to this firmware? I just got this SYTAB7MX today and already screwed it up. It boots up to the home screen, but the screen doesn't respond. I also tried the 3 finger reset method and numerous others which don't seem to work for this device. Now, if you can't post the link, can you guide me through pulling the firmware off a working tablet (I ordered 2 for X-mas). I truly appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Can you post or PM a download link to this firmware? I just got this SYTAB7MX today and already screwed it up. It boots up to the home screen, but the screen doesn't respond. I also tried the 3 finger reset method and numerous others which don't seem to work for this device. Now, if you can't post the link, can you guide me through pulling the firmware off a working tablet (I ordered 2 for X-mas). I truly appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum!

Attempting to apply a factory reset is the best approach. Burning firmware has its risk.

The method for obtaining the InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) is exactly the same as posted for other InfoTMIC tablets as described in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-infotmic-hardware-ids-hwver-updates-ius.html however, these newer tablets have the update server coded into the build.prop as persist.sys.server=dg-support2a.com so swap this address in the GET command with the correct Hardware Id "hwver" to obtain the file from the server using your web browser. The method for burning is described in this thread - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/infotmic-based/17274-introduction-iuw-burning-tools.html.

kenonly3

Nov 30, 2011
Thanks for the response. I still have some questions. I tried to use adb to connect to the device, but it won't detect it. I even tried to use adb with my working device and still a no-go as my Windows machine can't find the drivers. So I'm updating my Android SDK to see if that fixes it, but I won't know until I get home tonight. I've been digging through these forums for the past day now and still haven't found a definitive method for obtaining the ius firmware. Should I be using adb or can I obtain it using a Windows or Linux program? If so, which program?

Thanks

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for the response. I still have some questions. I tried to use adb to connect to the device, but it won't detect it. I even tried to use adb with my working device and still a no-go as my Windows machine can't find the drivers. So I'm updating my Android SDK to see if that fixes it, but I won't know until I get home tonight. I've been digging through these forums for the past day now and still haven't found a definitive method for obtaining the ius firmware. Should I be using adb or can I obtain it using a Windows or Linux program? If so, which program?

Thanks
adbWireless to run adb from PC without USB is the only known method for running remote commands. Connect your Android phone to ADB wireless | Hello Android

android Terminal Emulator works with or without rooting to execute commands on the tablet directly. https://github.com/jackpal/Android-Terminal-Emulator#readme

IUW.exe InfoTMIC Update Wrap tools is the utility to either create a bootable SD or connect via OTG port to USB to burn firmware. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/infotmic-based/17274-introduction-iuw-burning-tools.html

InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) files are obtained from the various update servers supported by DG and InfoTMIC depending upon the Hardware Id "hwver". This is typically accomplished through the Settings application Update Check feature. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1113121

Last edited:

kenonly3

Nov 30, 2011
Well, I'm still out of luck with this thing. I downloaded the firmware and burned to the SD card. When I insert the SD card and boot the device, it tells me "Update package is demaged! Press power key 7sec to reboot!" I've tried over and over again using Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP 32-bit (running in VMWare). Each time I burn the image to the SD card, the card is properly reformatted to approximately 700MB. I've tried downloading the firmware a few times. I read about conducting some Hex editing on the firmware. Does this apply here? Do you know of any other firmware version that might work with this device?

An OTG update doesn't seem possible for me. My OS is 64-bit and the device isn't detected in VMWare using 32-bit Win XP.

Thanks

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Well, I'm still out of luck with this thing. I downloaded the firmware and burned to the SD card. When I insert the SD card and boot the device, it tells me "Update package is demaged! Press power key 7sec to reboot!" I've tried over and over again using Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP 32-bit (running in VMWare). Each time I burn the image to the SD card, the card is properly reformatted to approximately 700MB. I've tried downloading the firmware a few times. I read about conducting some Hex editing on the firmware. Does this apply here? Do you know of any other firmware version that might work with this device?

An OTG update doesn't seem possible for me. My OS is 64-bit and the device isn't detected in VMWare using 32-bit Win XP.

Thanks
Your post is reminiscent of many posts in the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html thread. There is no one answer and it requires a lot of trial and error based on your particular setup. Users with good old XP have had the most success. In one case users resorted to sending a self-addressed envelope and micro SD card to another user to get a properly formatted bootable SD. Look at some of the posts for insight to what may work in your situation.

No Hex editing required with IUW.exe for either method.

kenonly3

Nov 30, 2011
It's finally working!!! The only way I found to properly burn the SD card using Win 7 64-bit was to use the disk part tool from the command line. And I also had issues with my 16GB SD card, so I resorted to a 4GB card instead. As frustrating as this process was, a lot of knowledge was gained. I've successfully rooted the device and can now focus on getting the Google apps installed. Do you know if Clockworkmod Recovery will install successfully on this device or should I look into an alternate boot loader? When I'm done with this thing, I'll post a complete howto on the forum for rooting, apps, and recovery. I'd like to eventually get a custom ROM working here, but I'm happy with where I'm at for now.

jms889

Dec 26, 2011
Can you please provide the link for the ius. I do not understand how to modify the GET command with "persist.sys.server=dg-support2a.com." I have a SYTAB7MX with hwver 11.2.7.4
any help would be greatly appreciated!

gazkz

Jan 2, 2012
I also need the ius file for the sytab7mx. I do not understand how to pull them off the servers with a pc. I have the otg drivers working in virtual pc. Please help me out the wife is giving me a hard time and i have the name brick at work. LOL

gazkz

Jan 2, 2012
Looking at the older infotmic server info on where to put the hw version ex i can see how it works to get the ius file. I have tried so many combinations with persist.sys.server=dg-support2a.com with no avail. The longest time to say sorry is http://11.2.7.4/persist.sys.server=dg-support2a.com. Is this close to how it should be put together? I see people have gotten the file so I know it is possible. Please help me understand this. I noticed in an earlier post people not being able to get otg driver to connect in xp mode virtual pc. I got it to work fine but you have to connect usb device in toolbar at top of window. I have the iuw tool loaded and connecting to tablet all I need is how to get the sytab7mx_android_132868.ius file.

gazkz

Jan 2, 2012
I feel stupid it makes some sense now you substitute dg-support2a.com in place of 222.73.93.45 and leave the rest the same. So the string should be http://dg-support2a.com/sysup.php?data=11.2.7.4&vcode=0 But what i get is the dreaded 1. I tried different version numbers and changed other variables with no progress. Please point out what I am doing wrong.

Last edited:

FaceTheWaste

Feb 5, 2012
Alright, I'm completely stumped here. I can't find the .ius for the sytab7mx anywhere. I'm not entirely sure if my tab is bricked or not but I know that when I boot it up, nothing comes on the screen but a small, green light comes on where the charging indicator is (which normally is red to symbolize charging). I have a MicroSD card that I can burn the .ius to but I can't find it anywhere!

Can someone please upload it so I can maybe fix my tablet?

Thanks,
FaceTheWaste

kjvw10

Apr 23, 2012
Alright, I'm completely stumped here. I can't find the .ius for the sytab7mx anywhere. I'm not entirely sure if my tab is bricked or not but I know that when I boot it up, nothing comes on the screen but a small, green light comes on where the charging indicator is (which normally is red to symbolize charging). I have a MicroSD card that I can burn the .ius to but I can't find it anywhere!

Can someone please upload it so I can maybe fix my tablet?

Thanks,
FaceTheWaste

Is your table a 11.2.7.4 or a 11.2.7.5?
try the 11.2.7.5 it works for me...
the link is....

http://dg-support2a.com/sysup.php?data=11.2.7.5&vcode=0

hope this helps.

FaceTheWaste

Feb 5, 2012
excuse the bump, I gave up on attempting to repair my tablet for awhile but I thought id give another whack at it.
The problem still persists, when i plug it in, there's only a small light on for the charging indicator, but I can't turn it on. The link in the post above only leads to a webpage with the number 1 on the top left, that's it. If anyone has the .ius to this tab, please PM it to me!