SYTABEX7-2 Renamed Phone.APK and now Slide to Unlock Doesn't Work

deltasig91

Jan 3, 2012
I successfully installed the Google market, Amazon app store and rooted my sytabex7-2. Everything thing was going great until I decided to rename the phone.apk to try and improve the battery life. I was able to rename the /system/app/phone.apk to phone.bak. The tablet now boots to my wallpaper with the slide to unlock bars but I am unable to slide the bars or do anything on the screen. The "three finger" factory reset doesn't seem to work on this tablet.

I am unable to determine if the touch screen has crapped out or if renaming the phone.apk caused the issue. The clock updates and the unit charges.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

emacho

Sep 24, 2011
Try plugging in a usb mouse to unlock it or a usb keyboard. Press F1 to get to settings, recalibrate touch screen.

I remember having this problem with a 10 inch infotmic tablet right after I used zroot to "unroot" the tablet. Anyhow, the keyboard and mouse should get you enough access to recover.

deltasig91

Jan 3, 2012
Thanks I got access to it via the mouse but now the Infotm Home screen continues to ask to Force Close or Wait so I can't get to any applications. Once I get back to Settings I will see if I can do a factory reset from the menu.

deltasig91

Jan 3, 2012
Additional Information
Model Number
SYTABEX7-2
Android Version
DG2.20
Hardware ID
Firmware
DG2.2.1-7a3.b5

Performed a factory data erase
Reinstalled InfoTM Home but still having issues with Force Close.
I can connect a keyboard to the Host USB port and press F1 to get to settings.
Does anyone know what key on the keyboard would be the search key so if I setup a shortcut that is search+a what key +a would I need to use?
Thanks.

Jan 8, 2012
I was able to get past the force close of the stock launcher was I already had the android market on my sytabex7-2 so I went to the market on my laptop the site and told it to install adw launcher on my tablet once wireless install was complete I pressed the home button selected are still haven't figured why the launcher is force closing maybe uid mismatched a fix permission script might fix it I don't want to run it cause I like my device don't know what to do tried to do a recovery factory reset but says no image found figured I'd wait for a custom recovery with nand to do all that. Can't wait for further development on this tab if some one can run location on force close of launcher and post maybe someone can figure out if it's application problem or system.