Tablet brightness controller disabled screen (Android 1.7 epad)

C_B

Sep 23, 2010
I have just brought a epad (Mid701) with Android 1.7.
Everything was working fine, until I opened the 'Power Manager' icon and pressed the screen brightness controller.
The screen went blank and has remained that way even after trying to reboot.
Is there anything I can do?
I can't see anyway of manually resetting the tablet, the only way to fix this problem (I'm guessing) is to somehow connect the tablet to a computer or pc screen (via usb?) as to alter the tablet settings.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
go to the brightest room in you house and shine a flashlight on the screen when you think that the tablet is on and see if you see anything on the screen. If so then navigate to the settings and change the brightness. If not plug it in on the charger and let it charge for a while and try the above again. Hope that this helps.

david

Sep 26, 2010
the same thing happened me havent tried this yet but ill let u no, any1 else with any info please post

david

Sep 26, 2010
cant see anything no matter how bright it is, theres no hard reset button on it. is their a way to reset from pc , i really need a way to fix this as i cant use it at all, help please

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Fix it all solution: reflash the tablet

If you have adb (Android debugging bus) enabled, you can try to navigate to the tablet and force the brightness up.

Try this via ADB:

# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
SQLite version 3.5.9
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> update system set value=255 where name='screen_brightness';
sqlite> .exit
# reboot

skaazy

Oct 2, 2010
Fix it all solution: reflash the tablet

If you have adb (Android debugging bus) enabled, you can try to navigate to the tablet and force the brightness up.

Try this via ADB:

# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
SQLite version 3.5.9
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> update system set value=255 where name='screen_brightness';
sqlite> .exit
# reboot

Can you teach me how to use it?
I'm sorry for the bad english, i'm brazilian and i'm estuding english.
So, can you help me?
The brightness of my apad shut down too, i was usin the device and it heapens.
Please, teach me pass to pass alright?
tank you so much.

jimbo

Oct 25, 2010
I have the same problem, tried the seller but he has just suggested the fixes on this thread and I have tried them and they don't work for me, could not get the adb to see my device also tried the droid explorer still no joy.
This might seem to simple but if all it needs is to turn the brightness up could we not pursuade some kind person to video the sequence of actions from first boot up to going through the menus step by step opening the settings and brightness and showing the slide bar etc then at least we might be able to guess the actions required to reset the brightnessm then put it on youtube.
Any kind people out there with a webcam handy???

konamiman

Oct 25, 2010
Help! it happened to me now! Just using a couple minutes after MID tablet's arrival playing with it a while, then accidentally touch the brightness widget & ZAP!! everything just black! First time I think it will revert to normal if I just restart it. But it won't!!! Now I have a bricked hi-tech tablet!!!! HEEEEELPPP!

desfoo

Oct 25, 2010
I did the same silly mistake. Been searching around everywhere but can't find any solution. Took the risk and pray hard by updating the firmware.

Result : Recovery successful

Original Firmware 1.9_88
Updated Firmware 1.9_88.v03

Note : In fact my Android response is now much faster than previously

Good luck to you

konamiman

Oct 25, 2010
@desfoo, can u tell me which ROM I should use to upgrade? Mine is MID with WMT2.00_88 shown at booting screen (before blackout)
Thx