Tablet Choice

Paj4me

Jul 31, 2012
Hi All

Currently using a Lenovo netbook, but the bride would like to go to a tablet. She likes the IPad I believe the Android to be more functional.

Proposed uses

I would like to see it used with OZiexplorer Mapping software, Email, Phone, e reader (Voice and eyes only), and other links when one is on the road travelling

I would appreciate views as to the most appropriate tablet/IPad for the above. Seven or ten inch?

Paj4me

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
For iPad 9.7" or 10+" to mimc... however Id like to think that ipad is a mimc at this point google has simply surpassed apple.

Anything will do really, just make sure it has GPS for your maps

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi and welcome....7" is such a great size for travelling, so portable! Between Android tablet and I pad I think on this forum:-Android Tablets Forum- everybody will tell you that Android is better! :-D

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
i agree with comments above ..for 7" got to be google nexus at the moment, unless you need extra memory, for anything larger i would go with a good chinese dual core ics tablet like the one in this link, this is a trusted supporting vendor on the forum & prices are good against competition, they only sell genuine branded tabs, no copies & i've found them trustworthy, reliable & friendly to deal with in the past so i recommend them highly. good luck.

RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) [YD90D] - $226.00 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Paj4me, I just noticed that you want phone capability, among other things, ....why don't you check out the galaxy note, 5.4"? I got the note because I was tired to carry around my7" tablet and I wanted to use my tablet as a phone as well.....,it's great,super light, super portable but yet big enough for web surfing, reading and anything else one might want to do!

hfksdkf

Jul 24, 2012
i am using an ipad, in fact, i think the ipad is the best choice, especially for girls.