Tablet for old people?

Zoom123

Mar 8, 2011
Hello, first post here!

I am looking to buy a tablet for somebody who is 70 years old and who has very little computer knowledge. What is most important is screen size (the bigger the better), to be easy to use, and to work smoothly without any issues.

I was thinking to buy an iPad for him, but I personally don't like Apple. The iPad also seems to have some severe limitations, like no flash, no USB, no SD reader ... and I don't want to be spending money on accessories.

So I waited for several months until Google makes their tablet specific OS (Honeycomb) and good, relatively cheap tablets to be produced with it.

Now the Original iPad is on sale ($399) and I am thinking if I should stop waiting and go buy one. Should I? Or will better Honeycomb based tablets be avilable at about that price soon?

Thanks!

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
I am an Android fan boy, but if you want something for technological illiterates then Apple's Ipad is probably the best option for you. Yes no flash but you can still view things like youtube, no usb but you can still plug into your pc/mac via their cable. No sd card... wouldn't matter to your 70 year old.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Agreed. The iPad is a dumbed down OS with a less steep learning curve than any Android tablet to date can use. Where are you located in Europe?