Tablet Not Charging, But Keyboard Dock Does

Mips

May 20, 2015
Hi all - I'm out of options and am hoping for a small miracle.
I have an Asus TF300T. The keyboard docking station charges fine, but the tablet will not. Here's what I've tried so far.

1. Plug in charger to docking station, docking station charges and light on dock is on.
2. Dock tablet to docking station, tablet does not charge, no light at the power button on tablet
3. Plug charger into tablet alone, tablet does not charge and no light at the power button on tablet
4. Replaced the battery. With the new battery, the tablet boots up, but as soon as I plug in the charger into the tablet, the screen goes black and tablet shuts off.
5. Replaced the charging port / 'flat circuit cable' in the tablet. Made no difference, same behavior.

Is there anything else I could try before exploring replacing the motherboard?
Thanks!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Try doing a factory reset, via the settings for the tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

See what happens if you use the power to plug the tablet into a running PC for several hours. You won;t see a charging light but disregard that.

When to dock is attached and powered is there any indication that the tablet is using the dock to charge it?

Mips

May 20, 2015
Spider
- The new battery has since also drained to the point where the tablet does not turn on in order for me to be able to do a factory reset.

Leeshor
- I have tried charging via PC, but I'm not sure it was running the whole time, it may have gone into sleep mode after a while. I now plugged it in to the PC, but the PC gives no indication that a USB device was plugged in - shouldn't the PC at least recognize that a USB device was plugged in?

Re: Whether there's any indication that the tablet is using the dock to charge it - no :(
"2. Dock tablet to docking station, tablet does not charge, no light at the power button on tablet"

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You should get a notification from the PC, only if the tablet is powered up. You may need to give it more time without the PC in sleep mode.

If that doesn't work I'm at a loss to tell you what's wrong. It may be the cable or the charging circuit on the motherboard.