Tablet reboot itself alot

Snake eater

Apr 10, 2011
Has anyone one else had trouble with their tablet randomly reboot i cant figure out what is causing it i remove so homebrew apps but that didn't change anything
Any thoughts??

Sent from my Ideos S7

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I have 3 s7 tablets and have never had 1 reboot itself. Perhaps you should backup and remove all the apps you have added then selectively reinstall each untill you experience a reboot. This will let you know which program is causing the issue. If removing all thw add on apps does not end the issue, you might have a hardware issue. Try removing the battery and rebooting the system. Perhaps someone else might be able to assist more.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
It was happened to me after I dropped down my tablet. In two different time.i think is about the movement sensor. To solve the problem I did reinstall a fresh update(firmware). I have an s7 from bestbuy and I own this tablet from November last year. I am a happy user and I did allot of experience with this little toy.I was think that I brook this tablet for good many times but is still alive and is working great.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

Snake eater

Apr 10, 2011
One thing i notice is that it only reboots when it is Running on battery power if im using while plugged in it doesnt reboot any thoughts?

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
From my experience and my solution
did the suggested methods listed above and no improvement. i love my S7. had to take it in to BB for exchange today :-( mfg warranty... 3-5 days for return. wouldn't do an even swap in-store. on the plus side i should get a new charger, stylus and battery (all extras) called Huawei yesterday and they told me to take it to BB and exchange. told BB that Huawei told me to return it minus all accessories and battery (although that didn't come up during the 27:46 min call to Huawei), which when you call the 1-800-4-HUAWEI number says "your call is important to us, the max. wait time is 5 minutes, if your call is not answered in 5 minutes your call will be transferred to a tech support admin., so after 25'ish minutes on hold (on my cell, eating up my minutes, glad i have thousands of rollover minutes) and 2+ minutes of actually talking to a person i was told it was an electrical/circuitry problem and advised to exchange it... p.s. it was boot looping and every time the screen would time out it, it would shut down and restart over and over and over again (very annoying to say the least) but only when not plugged in to the charger, i would plug in and it was miraculously fixed??? so "I" decided to do a factory resed and format the internal SD card and it seemed to solve the problem, so i was like i'll just keep it, must've been an error in the OS, until i started installing my stuff from the Market (updated and such) then it did it again so i decided to do the exchange, reluctantly. kept the batery and accessories to be an a$$ because BB wouldn't give the the $50 off when it was on sale, so i figure the extra battery alone will be worth the missing $ and i'll get the other stuff to boot. :)

MrSpeeb

Dec 27, 2010
I'm having this same problem. It seems to me it might be an overheating issue. While I can't create it at will, it seems to happen more frequently with heavy graphics (games as an example) and/or if the brightness is turned up past 50%. Any additional thoughts. Mine is out of warranty. Any suggestions/experience with repairs?

jzbass

May 25, 2011
Before flashing to 2.2.2, my S7 from Bestbuy did the same thing. On battery, in airplane mode as soon as the tablet would go into sleep mode I tryed to wake it with the power button it would reboot. Strange as it sounds, with the power supply charging it would never do this. I even tryed the same thing with the sim installed, and even wiping it clean from a first boot nothing installed. Since I flashed it, it has never happened. As a side note the A market stopped crashing as well. Sorry this is my first post but I thought I should share my experience.

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
When you flashed you probably pulled the battery, and in so doing cleaned the batt contacts.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

jzbass

May 25, 2011
Sure did, but it did the same thing from day one. I also removed the battery several times playing around with the sim. I'm using the sim from my iPhone 4 so I was checking the fit and finish of my home made micro sim adapter.

princemarqs

Dec 24, 2011
Im also having this problem. But mine is rebooting even without batt while im charging.. (to test if batt was the prob.) any idea how to fixmine? Please..
my tablet is s7 ideos.. Please someone helpme..

stroid9000

Apr 25, 2012
I agree with the overheating issue as i can put mine on my granite counter top and it has no problems but in my hands it reset far too often. :confused:

Pataro

May 22, 2011
I agree with the overheating issue as i can put mine on my granite counter top and it has no problems but in my hands it reset far too often. :confused:
I have found the solution in this thread. Solving the thermal problems of HD2 or other snapdragon powered devices - xda-developers have done the job, see page 30, baked the mainboard for 10 mins in the oven, it works on my S7. That peoplehave done a great job. Don't be scared. Its working fine for a week.Rememeber beter baked than bricked.