Tablet Usb has no Power

mrdobe

Apr 30, 2012
I have this tablet,dreambook w7,and i bought an external keyboard to connect to this tablet through usb.Some time now the keyboards lights(leds) will not light on when i connect it to the tablet anymore (The keyboard works good when connected to pc).I'm no more able to connect anything to the tablet to make it work.What i cant understand is that if I connect the tablet to the computer it works fine and i can send or read data from the tablet.Seems the usb on the tablet has no power.It's the tablet usb dead or what did i do to cause it?HELP!!!

(To connect to the keyboard i used a mini usb to usb female,first i thought the wire was broken but i bought a new one and still same problem)

Stormium

Apr 20, 2012
Is it a backlit keyboard? I wouldn't expect a tablet, especially an unbranded chinese one, to spit out enough power to power a backlit one.

Does it type ok? If it does I wouldn't worry about it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mrdobe, welcome to Android Tablets. Sorry to hear you're having problems with that keyboard. I'm going to move your thread to the Freescale Based section of the forum where the folks who have that tablet will be more likely to see it. Hopefully, someone there will be able to help you get those lights and keyboard working again. Good luck!

mrdobe

Apr 30, 2012
Is it a backlit keyboard? I wouldn't expect a tablet, especially an unbranded chinese one, to spit out enough power to power a backlit one.

Does it type ok? If it does I wouldn't worry about it.

It's not a backlit keyboard,it's a normal tablet keyboard,plus it use to work with the tablet.keyboard works(types) perfectly when attached to pc