Tablet wont boot up

foxshooter

Nov 18, 2011
I won a 7" MID Tablet PC from Bigpockets.co.uk in their trolley of tat give away

When I received it I charged it up for the recomended 4 hours and then turned it on

I get a black screen with the android logo and the following information.

Android OS 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32
Build Number V1.1.1

I can get no further than this, no bar across the screen, nothing. I have tried pressing the reset button but it has no visible effect.

I have contacted the company who say they only got these in for the give away and know nothing about them. They pointed me to this forum

I have no Idea what this tablet is worth, if it is worth persevering with or do I just chuck it in the bin? :(

I am reading through the various problem threads but most relate to problems after booting up or firmware issues. So far I dont even know what the problem is!

Fingers crossed someone can help me :confused:

Mark

Kommander

Nov 18, 2011
Mark,

Same here, exactly the same story! Haven't contacted bigpockets yet, however from what I've grasped so far, it used a VIA 8650 chipset, following the research I've already done it appears that a firmware update may solve the issue - I'm just trying to find the right firmware!

Basically once I've found the right one, you'll need a microSD card to copy it onto, then booting the tablet *should* result in it booting to the firmware upgrade screen and allowing you to update - after that it should work fine.

I'll bookmark + drop a message once I've found the right firmware.

David

Kommander

Nov 18, 2011
Mark,

Good news, not only have I identified the tablet - I've also found the correct firmware, installed it and got my tablet working (and it's a speedy little thing too!)

HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - View topic - About FlyTouch (MID) (Green LED) (VIB) (WMT2.1.2) << Info on the tablet

HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Login << latest stock firmware (not the one I installed)

HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - View forum - ROMs << Stock roms for that model

HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Login << Custom rom for that tablet (ignore the image, apparently it's the correct one for our tablets as well.)

Download M70007T_V1.2.1.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way << Firmware I did install (just copy contents to your microSD card (after formatting the card first) then put it in to the tablet and start up - you'll see the indicator light flashing red/green and then the installation will start.

Any problems, drop me a message - Enjoy your new Tablet!!

David