Tablet working fine 2 days ago. Now won't boot up, battery is charged...advice?

johnmcneely

Apr 17, 2012
The power light that you press and hold to boot up does not light up. However, I did charge up the tablet and still it won't boot up. The button eventually went from orange to white. But still no power up. Have tried pressing power button while holding down volume button and still nothing. Have tried powering up while holding down the reset with a pin, and still nothing. Any advice on what to do next? Thanks.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hi John. Are you aware that you need to hold the power button in for 4 to 10 seconds then let it out when you start it from a complete shut down?

Forgive me if you already know this. :)

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
The power light that you press and hold to boot up does not light up. However, I did charge up the tablet and still it won't boot up. The button eventually went from orange to white. But still no power up. Have tried pressing power button while holding down volume button and still nothing. Have tried powering up while holding down the reset with a pin, and still nothing. Any advice on what to do next? Thanks.

The button only lights up when the tablet is being charged or when the tablet is in sleep mode the button will flash or just light up. When the tablet is completely off the button will not light up.
Hold the power button for about 10 seconds.

Eydi

May 3, 2012
I've had the tablet for a while, never experienced any problems till this one came along. Holding the power button for 10 seconds and turning it on afterwards worked. No problem there, thank you :D

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
You only hold the power button for 3 or 4 seconds to boot up.
If you can push the button in a way that you can still see it then it will light up in 3 seconds and the tablet will vibrate in 5 seconds.
The fact that you held the button for 10 seconds and then you booted it up is because it was in sleep mode.
Holding the button for 10 seconds shut it down.
Then it booted up ok.
Sometimes people have problems waking their tablet from sleep and that's how to wake it up.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
You only hold the power button for 3 or 4 seconds to boot up.
If you can push the button in a way that you can still see it then it will light up in 3 seconds and the tablet will vibrate in 5 seconds.
The fact that you held the button for 10 seconds and then you booted it up is because it was in sleep mode.
Holding the button for 10 seconds shut it down.
Then it booted up ok.
Sometimes people have problems waking their tablet from sleep and that's how to wake it up.

If the tablet is in sleepmode and one has held the button for longer than 1 second, the tab gets confused and won't turn on. I've experienced this quite often because most of the time I turn the A500 OFF instead of SLEEP MODE. Ocassionally A500 is in sleep mode and I forget, thinking it is OFF hold the button too long - won't turn on even if I try take it out on sleep afterthat. So then I find I have to hold the button for 10 seconds or at least until I feel the tab vibrate. The A500 will start up normal cold boot.

This has been my experience often.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Douvie,
Exactly what happens with me.
I also forget if my tablet is off or in sleep mode.
So now I press the button once first to see if it is sleeping.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Douvie,
Exactly what happens with me.
I also forget if my tablet is off or in sleep mode.
So now I press the button once first to see if it is sleeping.

Good Advice my friend but I just can't to get myself out of the lousy habit.