Tested Apps for G Tab/Z Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I thought we might try a sticky for apps and games that have been tested and tried on the G Tab and similar devices. I am going to create two postings, one an app list with app name and description and the other a games list with name and description. If people want items added to the list please note this in your response.

Cheers,
P

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Applications

Evernote - Free - Note taking and sharing. Has version for desktop and web. Allows you to keep synchronized notes available across devices and platforms
QuickOffice - $$$ - Works really well on tablet. Supports Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF formats
Nook - Free - E Book reader, works very well
Kindle - Free - E Book reader, works very well
Pulse - Free - News Reader, excellent UI and function on tablets
Touchdown - $$$ - Free trial download, gives full Outlook functionality, including to do items. Download Beta for it to work on tablets <http://tinyurl.com/tdbetadroid>

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Games

Angry Birds - Free - Same as on the iPhone, except ours is free

Last edited:

150pilot

Aug 22, 2010
I have tried these apps on my G-Tab and they work fine for me. I am using the TNT G Harmony ROM.

My list of recommended Apps:
Dolphin HD - web browser
Adobe Reader - .pdf reader
Advanced Task Killer Free - task manager
Angry Birds - physics game
AVG Antivirus - scans downloads and emails
Astro - best file manager
DoggCatcher - Podcast Player
Dropbox - for transfering files wirelessly between devices
Google Translate - remarkable language translator
IMDB - everything about movies
Movies - see local listings & watch trailers
Pandora - online music finder
Pulse - customisable news reader, looks awesome
Speed Test - check your connection speed
Tune in Radio - listen to any radio station in the country
Tv.com - CBS related shows
WeatherBug - best weather maps*
WiFi Analyzer - see the wifi spots around you graphically
Yelp - reviews of local businesses

hunter505

Jan 21, 2011
To add to the list of apps;

Documents to Go - read and write word/excel/powerpoint docs
Facebook
USA Today
Delta Airlines
YouTube
Cool Reader - ereader app
AndroXplorer - file management
QQPlayer - video player
Andor's Trail - game
Fancy Widget - design your own widgets
Zeam

I am using TnT Lite 2.2

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I'm working on a list. Just trying to work out a few issues right now.

shockologist

Mar 6, 2011
TnT lite 2.0 , Mystique 1-3, Pool breaker,
Uno, solitare mega pac
Heavy guns
Snesoid emulator Droid comic viewer

I am trying to find a way to install pocket legends on my new tab the game looks awesome but apparently our tabs dont register right with some gaming sites. If anyone has succesfully installed this game on their gtab please help.

hunter505

Jan 21, 2011
Wanted to add a few more that I have been using;

Cisco Webex - Online meeting tool
Engadget - desktop widget for Engadget blog
Color Note - another nice widget for to do lists and reminders
Yellowbook - duh... :=)
Boingo Wifi - Pay service for wifi connectivity in most airports

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Here is my list. Trying to not double post what someone else said.

Apps:
Aldiko 2.0 - eReader (Must sideload)
Android System Info - Does what the title says
Androidify - Make yourself in to Andy
Angry Birds Rio - (Different from the normal Angry Birds) Amazon Appstore FTW!
Angry Birds Seasons - Had to updated version from Amazon Appstore. Maybe now it will auto update.
Aura - Track your EveOnline characters. (Ya I'm a MMO addict)
Barcode Scanner - Scans barcodes...
Amazon Appstore - I now prefer this to the Android Market
BlueInput - Used to manage your bluetooth devices.
Chase - If you have a Chase CC... good to check transactions.
Cloud Print - Print to printers linked to your Google Account through Chrome. (Peter suggested this in some random thread. I have yet to use it.)
Flikie Wallpapers HD - Awesome HD wallpapers
Google Translate - Self explanatory
HD Wallpapers - OK wallpaper app. (Sucks with my slow connection.)
k-9 Mail - Way better email app than the stock ones.
MortPlayer Music - Best music app ever.
Network Info II - Data about the wireless network you are currently connected to.
Newegg - When Geeks get bored.. they buy stuff.
Opera Mobile 10.1 Beta - Good internet browser.
PewPew - fun shooting game.
Photobucket - Can upload to your Photobucket account.
Quadrant Standard - See what the performance of your device is. (Differs between ROMs)
Robo Defense FREE - Super addicting castle defense game.
Samba Filesharing - Access your device via WiFi.
SiMi Folder - Sweet folder app that brings out a tray when opened.
Slick Deals RSS Feeds - Best deals on the internet posted here. (I check this site/RSS app several times a day)
Steam Friends - See what friends are online and what they are playing. Can also check your achievements.
Titanium Backup - Backup your data (mine runs daily)
Widgetstoid - Crazy widgets. Can do power widgets and more.
Winamp - Good backup media player
WordPress - Access your WordPress.com blog. (I host mine there)
XDA - Access to the XDA forums.
Zedge - Get your ringtones and wallpapers here.

Widgets:
Beautiful Widgets
Fancy Widget
MortPlayer Widget - Have a widget that goes full screen! Has a car setting for layout and is great with the big buttons while driving.

I am sure there will be more but this is what is currently installed on my device.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Dungeon Defenders - Fantasy game Built for tegra devices, runs beautifly on the Gtab and is now FREE in the Android market (they sell you mana to do upgrades and what not in the game now since google allowed in app billing)

Yahoo messenger -the official version, add the add on for video chatting, works with vegan i know but your video image is upside down just turn the tablet up side down to comp, and you CAN do SMS texting from this version as well

Astro file manager -Zip and unzip files, downloadable modules for smba and bluetooth transfers, make backups of all your apps with or without root (just apk's not data, for that use titanium backup

File Expert -another good file manager, free, no adds, donation supported, allows similar functions to astro but key feature that sets it apart is the fttp sharing feature.. you can log into your device and manage files remotely in any web browser, with the new update to the UI this will prob become my default file manager

Newsweek -looks great on the tablet does the split screen thing in landscape mode where you have the article lsit on one side and the open article on the other, it's not that way on my DroidX

Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile -GREAT art/sketch app, lots of control and options, paid and non paid versions, available in Amazon app store... and i think it shows in the Android if you do the fix

Thumb Keyboard by Beansoft -a must have keyboard for tablet.. does a beautiful split screen keyboard that puts the letters where you can get to them easily when typing thumb style, several skins and adjustment options, can even set different keyboard styles for landscape and portrait mode

Runik -super addictive game

Pocket God - fun silly game

Ebay - ebay

Google Books - reader, but nice feature of auto syncing over "cloud" between multiple devices, start reading on your tablet or pc and pick up in the right where you left off on another device

Rom Manager - manage and download stable versions of ROMs that your device supports, not the newest versions but deff stable ones, plus offers ease of managing roms and Nandroid backups, from the same fella that created clockwork mod so it intergrates well

Circle launcher - really neat widget that allows you to group apps, contacts, bookmarks check it out.. you wont be disappointed

For those looking for Pocket Legends.. you can download direct from space time studios (the developer) link here... http://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ut-market-access.&highlight=viewsonic+gtablet for those not aware of this isit's an online MMORPG (a world of warcraft type game) online play with interaction with other people/characters while questing bla bla.. if you like WOW you'll like this...

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
thanks for bumping the list....and thanks for your additions!

Status
Not open for further replies.