Tethering with a Moto Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuktek

Mar 25, 2011
Just got a new Superpad III. Any experts out there who might have any insights as to if I can tether my Moto Droid to my tablet for 3g access? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

nuktek

Mar 25, 2011
My phone is factory stock. I use pdanet app to tether it to my laptop. I also have a mifi hotspot that im using right now. It's the closest thing to broadband i can get out here.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I use my Droid 2 to tether to my devices but I used the 3g hotspot hack. Its the only way to get "true" 3g speed out of your device. You only have to root your phone, no custom ROM needed and then apply the hack.

nuktek

Mar 25, 2011
I only the original Droid. Will the hack still work for it? If so, where can I get some reliable instructions? I'm very pc savvy, but still a noob with the Droids.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
With the original Droid you won't be able to do it. But you could try hacking your tablet to work with adhoc networks and then you can root your Droid and use wireless tether for root users

jaytune

Mar 28, 2011
I just rooted my super pad 2 but I don't no how to tweak it so that I can use Barnical on my driod 2. PLEASE HELP!!

Nova

Mar 30, 2011
I use my Droid 2 to tether to my devices but I used the 3g hotspot hack. Its the only way to get "true" 3g speed out of your device. You only have to root your phone, no custom ROM needed and then apply the hack.

Could you please post the link that explains how to root the Droid X and apply the 3G Hotspot hack so I can understand how to use a tablet with it, for informational purposes only?

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Tsk Tsk. Illegal hacks and tuts are not the best idea to be posting about. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.