Texting with your Iconia

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Nice app, textPlus Free.

Send messages AND pics to anyone around the world for FREE!
FREE APP to APP* messaging anywhere in the world with textPlus! For Android phones and tablets. Also, text to any 10-digit US or Canadian phone number on any mobile device for free – even if they don’t have the app.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
and with Google Talk you can Text to Any 10-digit US or Canadian Phone Number on Any Mobile Device for Free? Kewl

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
and with Google Talk you can Text to Any 10-digit US or Canadian Phone Number on Any Mobile Device for Free? Kewl

Everybody I want to text to runs android. Everybody on android has google talk. QED.

To text to any "random 10-digit US or Canadian Phone Number on Any Mobile Device" I have Google Voice, (or did you miss that part)?

By the way, just how often do you text to "any 10-digit US or Canadian Phone Number on Any Mobile Device"? Most people I know only text to a few people.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Everybody I want to text to runs android. Everybody on android has google talk. QED.

To text to any "random 10-digit US or Canadian Phone Number on Any Mobile Device" I have Google Voice, (or did you miss that part)?

By the way, just how often do you text to "any 10-digit US or Canadian Phone Number on Any Mobile Device"? Most people I know only text to a few people.

Sure everybody on Android has GT but not all use it. I don't.

Not everyone has Google Voice, I do but not all. So NO I did NOT miss that part!

I text to 10 digit US #'s often with both my iPhone and now my Iconia.

The reason for this post was for ppl that want or need it. It's not you so why even bother reply?

Last edited:

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
I don't have GT and don't see it in the market.
Oh now I see, it's at your google account.
Well that means I have to go online to use it.
Wouldn't an app work just as well and be faster?

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I don't have GT and don't see it in the market.
Oh now I see, it's at your google account.
Well that means I have to go online to use it.
Wouldn't an app work just as well and be faster?

You have GT. It's called "Talk". It's preinstalled on every android phone and tablet.

If yours is missing you wouldn't be able to get to the market via the market app, because the market depends on talk in some weird way.

Ironhide

Aug 8, 2011
I tried textPlus and it wasn't "real time" I noticed anywhere from a 15 minute to 2 hour delay in receiving messages. Hardly a reliable way to transmit information.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
It's instant for me. I sent a text to my iPhone and got it immediately. My little 7 year old granddaughter that lives 2 hours away has an Apple iPod Touch and we text each other and it's instant.

Maybe your wiFi signal?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Text delivery time is spotty at best.
My son is on T-Mobile, I'm on At&T, and it can take anywhere from a minute to two hours for a text to arrive. Its SO much better since he moved to Android and has Google Talk.

But if you have your tablet set to WiFI Disconnect when tablet sleeps you could wait a long time. Besure you set wifi sleep to never.

IamGod2U

Jul 27, 2011
Use Kik Messenger if you want something immediate,real time and infinately superior to the above mentioned product.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Kik looks good if you want to chat since it's an instant messenger and NOT text messaging to any cell phone. While textPlus is simply a texting app to any mobile device and the one(s) your texting do not have to have the app.

jertoo

Jun 3, 2012
The reason for this post was for ppl that want or need it. It's not you so why even bother reply?

Thank you. I downloaded the app for my A500 and it worked instantly and so far seems to be great for texting w/cell phones.