Thank you for providing this opportunity to learn more about using Android

Dippity58

Dec 29, 2014
Hello -- I'm a newbie to this forum, and probably less knowledgable about the Android O.S. in general, not to mention with A-tablets specifically.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition. The quality of its display, its nice-sized memory of 3GB, the expandable storage from SD card-capability and its well-developed inking capabilities sold me. And using an S-pen instead of my fingers to navigate a touch screen is something I've begun to value.

One thing I keep having problems with, though -- and I'm hoping there's a forum that covers this subject. I'm having issues with getting my tablet to accept my choices for default apps and then remembering them for use the next time I do something basic, such as opening a web link or a PDF document. Of course, I can't be sure that the problem is with the Android OS per se, but I'm guessing that the message boxes that keep asking me to choose my defaults over and over again are from the operating system instead of Samsung's device.

Could anyone direct me to the proper forum for posting about this issue?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may offer advice.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome to the forum, Dippity.
Next time you see the message box, there should be a box to check, to remember your choice. Check it before you choose the app you wish to be your default app.
_20141229_192858.JPG

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Dippity, congratulations on your new Note 10.1 2014 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. If you need any other help with that tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition forum would be the best place to go. More people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion there and try to help you. Enjoy the forum!