The latest firmware update path for the Upgraded C91

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
UPDATE:August 18, 2012

Zenithink released a new upgrade to its firmware for the ZT-282 today.

It features a new boot logo, and appears to be pretty stable. It's still Android 4.03, but it looks good.

Check it out at

http://www.zenithink.com/Eproducts_C91_2.php?download
____

On July 2nd Zenithink Corp released an improvement to the firmware for all models of the ZT-282, the Upgraded C91.

This is the location for you to get the official Zenithink firmware.

Zenithink

The firmware update addresses some minor bugs and was desperately needed to make ICS 4.03 more stable.

This update is ridiculously simple to install. Just download, unzip, place the zt-update folder in the main directory of your external sd card. Turn your tablet off. Make sure you have enough battery, or plug the tablet into your charger. Press, and hold down the camera button. Then press, and hold down the power button at the same time. When the upgrade screen comes up you may let go of both buttons. In a few minutes it will finish doing its thing and you're done.

You lose nothing, and operation is much smoother.

Last edited:

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Hi folks

First post here so bear with me.

Just did this upgrade and now the tablet won't boot up. Here's the sequence of events:
-Applied the upgrade as per instructions, seemed to go through without a hitch
-Get to message saying "Rebooting" and that's where the trouble began.
-I no longer got the ZTpad logo when starting up but this jar partly filled with a red substance for a few seconds then a blank screen.

I've tried several remedies including, resetting via the pinhole, reinstalling the upgrade all to no avail (even tried the trick from a similar thread where you completely drain the device for at least 24 hours and then try a restart-no good). So almost at my wit's end.

Almost!

Going to try and reinstall the update from a different sd card and see how that goes, but if anyone can suggest other options I would be eternally grateful; I've only had this for a couple of months and have had no issues until applying this update.

Relevant stats:

ZT C91 Upgrade M3 C91-1A

Model number: ZT ICS

Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernal version: 2.6.34
Build number: f04ref-eng 4.0.3 ICS.f04ref.20120204 eng.root.20120204.165424 test-keys

Update applied :-
ZT282_H3_1a_1GB_C91_Android4.0_0702_V1.4

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Go to your zt update folder on your sd card and delete the kernel file.

Download this - ZT282.kernel

And put that in the zt update folder. Try flashing again. It seems the Zenithink kernel is causing a lot of problems

Thanks benadlam, tried that still no good. On a different newly formatted sd card as well still no good. Stupid thing, it's showing the green light not red but with blank screen. Any other options I can try?

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Oh and you are holding camera and power to flash arnt you?

Lol, yes mate I sure am; like I said everything goes well until AFTER the update completes and we want to reboot.

About to try you rom from above, will keep you posted.

Thank you so much for your help :)

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Lol, yes mate I sure am; like I said everything goes well until AFTER the update completes and we want to reboot.

About to try you rom from above, will keep you posted.

Thank you so much for your help :)

Okay just tried it and once again it updates fine, goes to reboot and gets stuck at logo screen which has now changed to a "Zenithink" over a cityscape. So no change :(

As an aside, was I meant to do something with the Plugins directory other than extract to root directory of sd card - because that's what I did. Kinda hoping you tell me I was supposed to something else so that there'll one more thing to try ;)

Again thank you very for your time on this.

Bas

Jul 17, 2012

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Lol glad to be of service :)

I have learned it's actually very hard to balls up an android device. (software wise) If it has the ability to power itself, its fixable 99% of the time! Especially when it has root access too

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Oh and install no frills cpu and set the governor to on demand. It seems to help stop random freezes

What kernel file did you end up flashing the Zenithink or the custom download?

Last edited: