The New Amazon Cloud Player

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Hey, Everyone

So Amazon has released their new Cloud Service today and I thought I'd test it out on the Coby. I'm currently running Tipstr's Honeycomb V9.10 ROM. One thing to point out if anyone decides to try it, the "Cloud Player" is actually the Amazon MP3 app. Once launched, it gives you the option to shop or play from your Cloud drive.

The performance is OK. The only file format the Cloud drive will recognize for streaming playback is MP3 so FLAC, WMA, Mpeg 4, and Video are out. Once registered on the Amazon Cloud drive site you can log into the player through the MP3 app and it will recognize whatever files you have on your Cloud drive.

I would suggest that, before attempting playback, you use any Task Killer or performance boosting tools you may have to make sure nothing is running in the background. Overall, everything appears to work. I did experience some skipping but I believe that to be the stability of my WiFi connection here. One great thing is that each file you have saved on the Cloud Drive can be downloaded to the unit and any Amazon MP3 purchase can be saved on the Cloud Drive as well.

All in all, its a neat service. On a stronger WiFi connection this could save A TON of storage space on the Coby. Just my two cents of course but I thought I'd share

mr.ofunk

Feb 26, 2011
I was reading up on this last night. I think I may hop on. Would be nice to have access to more music without having to sacrifice storage space.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Make sure you read their fine print on that contract agreement feature. Just like with Amazon Prime once you agree you're locked in.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Make sure you read their fine print on that contract agreement feature. Just like with Amazon Prime once you agree you're locked in.

Explain yourself plz. I want to use this right now, would be nice to have 5gb free space. Just you statement scared me a bit? What do you mean?