The Novo9

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
The Novo is coming and it looks to be super nice. It also looks to pretty much identical to the Onda V972, yet with a stronger battery.

Does anyone know if these do come from the same plant in China? Also ...is Ainol a BETTER China tab than most in areas most important.....
support and build quality?

PS
I found it at preorder price of $230.00 at what looked be a factory store. That is pretty low for this caliber tab.
Ainol Novo 9 Firewire Quad Core Retina Tablet PC 9.7 inch 16GB

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I wont buy anything before it has been released, Ainol and Ployer are the best two china companies, I think all other China companies just copy off of these two companies.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have a criteria for tablets, bottom line any tablet that cost over $200 must have bluetooth and gps, no exceptions.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
I wont buy anything before it has been released, Ainol and Ployer are the best two china companies, I think all other China companies just copy off of these two companies.

I am pretty sure there are some different brands that come off the same line in China. Onda is considered by many to be one of those better brands. They did seem to make a slip when everyone was going dual core ..opting for an Amlogic chipset.
Onda V971 16GB 1.5GHz Dual Core 9.7 inch IPS 1024×768 Android 4.0.4 HDMI Dual Camera

I don't think it sold very well, hence the new V972 coming on it's heels pretty quickly ...about the same time as the new Ainol.
Onda V972 Quad Core A31 Retina 9.7 inch Android 4.1 Tablet PC 16GB

I am like you, hesitant to buy anything before it has a track record. I do hope this new Allwinner A31 makes the grade is a viable alternative to the RK3066.

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
After looking at the specs for Novo9 I will pass, I am looking to buy a new tablet, waiting for Ainol Novo 10 Captain Quad Core 10.1 inch HD 1920*1200 IPS Screen WIFI Bluetooth GPS

However if a tablet comes along that offers as much as Ainol Novo 10 Captain for the similar price I am interested.

Curious why you would pass on the Novo9, and choose the Captain ...other than you may just like 10.1 size. ??

The reason I ask is that there is much speculation on the ACT-ATM7029 chipset that is in the Captain ..including one rumor that it is being made by Allwinner.
http://www.*************/blogs/ainol-forum/6811580-rumors-about-act-atm7029-quad-core-1-5ghz-cpu

More on the new chipset, and Ainol.
http://www.*************/blogs/news/6811974-take-a-closer-look-at-act-atm7029-a9-quad-core-cpu

It seems that some things never change, one being it takes a while for everything to settle regarding a new China tab. This may be one of those times.